• killa47
    Automated Home Guru
    • Jan 2016

My unit has just upgraded this morning to version 2.1

Comment

• Mr_Freeze
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Dec 2015

Guys, just checked my wifi unit, it shows this, am I upgraded?
      image.jpg

Comment

• killa47
        Automated Home Guru
        • Jan 2016

Originally posted by Mr_Freeze View Post
        Guys, just checked my wifi unit, it shows this, am I upgraded?
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]676[/ATTACH]
        Mr Freeze - You are indeed on the latest version.

Comment

• darrendobson
          Automated Home Jr Member
          • Nov 2015

Any updates on price of trade in?

Comment

• jonstatt
            Automated Home Guru
            • Feb 2015

Originally posted by darrendobson View Post
            Any updates on price of trade in?
            Indeed...and add me in to the "show of hands" for an upgrade. In particular for the ability to see over-ridden HR92s from the controller/app

Comment

• Skood
              Automated Home Lurker
              • Feb 2016

I too would be interested in an upgrade for the controller and wall mount but the cost needs to be very competitive.

I must say that I'm pretty disappointed with Honeywell as in the space of three years I have had the evotouch v1 which we were led to believe would be upgradeable through the USB port. That wasn't to be.

Then v2 came out less than 6 months after I purchased v1. I contacted Honeywell at the time regarding an upgrade and was basically told tough titty.

When the new wifi enabled controller came out I was a little envious as the remote gateway is a pretty ungainly bit of kit but I felt I could live with it as the functionality is that same.

To now basically now be told that my version is no longer supported by firmware updates is frankly a bit of a kick in the teeth.

I have been pretty vocal to friends and family about the benefits of evohome but to be expected to fork out for a new controller every 12-18 months is a bit of a joke.

Comment

• eddiecallaghan
                Automated Home Lurker
                • Feb 2016

Also interested in the trade in for 4 control units plus wall plates, depending on price.

Comment

• scubaharris
                  Automated Home Lurker
                  • Feb 2016

Firmware (2.1) update, phone/tablet app stops working

Like many users, after the update, the phone/tablet app stopped showing actual room temperatures or names, and lost all Quick Action selections apart from HEATING OFF. Strangely the only thing the app would do was turn the heating off!! Apparently this is not uncommon and the solution fairly easy (found elsewhere in this forum). What I fail to understand, is that Honeywell have all our email addresses, they know this is a possible problem, why do they let people spend hours trying to sort out a problem, reinstalling apps, checking settings etc when a solution is already at hand?

If you are unaware and having the same problem: Log in to your account, delete the device from the location, wait a bit (mine took an hour to reset), re-install the device and gosh... it all starts working again.

A simple "We are updating things, if this happens, try this..." would be better than leaving a lot of customers thinking that Honeywell couldn't care less.

evo_harris2.jpg evo_harris1.jpg

Comment

• Caudera
                    Automated Home Jr Member
                    • Dec 2015

Originally posted by The EVOHOME Shop View Post
                    Before this thread - http://www.wordpress-1219309-4387497...plate-for-HR92 I was told these were not available as a spare (they still aren't). I will now keep this thread in mind for future valve baseplate issues that occur and sorry I could not help further at the time of your issue.

I look forward to supplying you guys with your 'upgrades' and hopefully we will be able to give more details of this to you very shortly!
                    Any updates on this?

Comment

• MichaelD
                      Automated Home Guru
                      • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Skood View Post

I have been pretty vocal to friends and family about the benefits of evohome but to be expected to fork out for a new controller every 12-18 months is a bit of a joke.
                      Why do you feel you have to buy a new controller? The one you have does exactly what it did when you bought it, and should continue to work like that for years. If you want a slight improvement in functionality then that is your choice, it isn't something you are obliged to do. I'm very happy with my 1st gen controller, when something much better comes out then I'll think about upgrading, but the slight improvements that have been offered so far haven't been worth the cost, I'd rather deploy the money on something more worthwhile.

Comment

• bluemike1676
                        Automated Home Jr Member
                        • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Rameses View Post
                        Dear All

A new firmware will be released over the coming weeks for evohome Wi-Fi. V2.1. This will be pushed out sometime soon, but has already been applied to units out of manufacturing.

- HR92 manual adjustments - Will now be shown on the main evohome and App display
                        - enhanced support & improvements for HM80
                        - General enhancements & tweaks (most not applicable to the average user)

Users do not need to do anything as the push will occur automatically.

Non-evohome Wi-Fi models (models that require a gateway) will not be able to receive this update.
                        I’ve just replaced my original non-Wifi controller with a new shiny WiFi enabled one just so I can get the advantage of firmware upgrades. I thought it would arrive with the latest firmware but it seems not (still showing v01.00.01.00 on the firmware page) although I hope that Father Christmas will arrive one night and magically upgrade it to v01.00.02.01 (I think that's the right version number). Does anybody know how long it normally takes for the upgrade to be pushed out ?

Thanks.

Mike

Comment

• nomadbass
                          Automated Home Lurker
                          • Feb 2016

Hi, I am from spain, but just in case: I would be interested in replacing my non wifi with a WiFi evohome. Also I want to encourage Honeywell ( or anyone with the know how) to make available the new firmware to the old evohome. I am a bit of a control freak (I suspect I am not alone in this forum) and it makes me VERY nervous to have and outdated firmware in my "smart" thermostat.

Comment

• Suncroft
                            Automated Home Jr Member
                            • Apr 2015

I think my WiFi unit may have had its WiFi killed by the recent upgrade. Unit stopped connecting to WiFi a number of weeks ago and I got an email from Honeywell saying they had noticed my unit was no longer connected and to get in touch with their support. Support now think this issue may be due to a failed firmware upgrade (awaiting confirmation on that). Not sure if anyone else has had this problem. My WiFi Version reads: 01.00.02.00

Thanks

Stephen

Comment

• Suncroft
                              Automated Home Jr Member
                              • Apr 2015

Just spotted the other forum posts regarding this and fixed the problem as other people have as follows:

1. Press Settings
                              2. Press Wi-Fi Settings
                              3. Let evohome seacrh for wireless networks
                              4. Select your network
                              5. Enter password of your wireless networ and press green tick
                              6. Connecting to screen appears
                              7. Could not connect screen appears
                              8. Press the home icon top left, DO NOT press the red X button!
                              9. Although not showing evohome is connected to our TCC server, in this state it can receive the software update
                              10. You can receive a connection restored email from the TCC service

Comment

• bulletv1
                                Automated Home Lurker
                                • Feb 2016

Just putting down my interest in the evohome wifi is there is much improvement over the previous controller (get on with mine fine)

Comment

Working...
                                X