Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Thread: Range extender desperately needed.

Automated Home Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by dty View Post
    So how much will you charge to alter people's HR92s for them, Clive? I have three that would benefit from improved reception!

Also, I assume this works both ways - i.e. just improving reception could leave the HR92 able to hear the controller, but not able to talk back.
    Sorry, Whilst I'm willing to give words of support I’m not going to work on any other than my own. I’m sure you can appreciate why.

It does work both ways as the transceiver chip uses the same antenna connection for both transmit and receive.
    Last edited by clivesanders; 8th June 2019 at 11:48 AM.

Automated Home Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    I think I might need a 24 element YAGI on one of mine - and maybe a rotator to get the right reflection !

73's Kevin

Along with a 100W PA and Preamp

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by clivesanders View Post
    Along with a 100W PA and Preamp
    You could stick the yagi on a mast with an elevating rotator in order to use the moon or satellites to bounce the signal.

More seriously I wonder whether the Control Panel could ever be adapted so as to use the home network as many will have extended their networks around the home. It would still need to be operable if there was a network failure. That would then of course mean changes in the TRVs as well. Bluetooth perhaps could be used?