X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • logic_one
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Oct 2021

Thanks Clive, I will post some pictures if it works, and if not, it was worth a try!

Comment

• logic_one
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Oct 2021

HR92 external antenna update

I was unable to use the U.FL connector due to the fact that it's signal and ground pads would not provide sufficient contact with the pads on the HR92 panel, and I would also run the risk of solder connecting the signal and ground pads together. I have, however, managed to follow the procedure that Clive outlined previously and solder a SMA pigtail to the pads on the HR92. The SMA connector is attached to a 3dbi 50 Ohm antenna - as per Clive's photos. The results are mixed. The signal is somewhat improved but I am still experiencing a lot of communication faults between the Relay and the HR92. My next step is to follow Clive's advice and to use a 3.5dbi 868 Mhz antenna with a magnetic base, which I will place on top of the radiator. I will report back on how that has or has not improved matters. I would like to check that I have used the correct pads on the panel, with the top one being GND and the bottom the 'Signal' pad? I have attached a photo to illustrate. Finally, Clive if you are there, you mentioned using the original clip as the contact with the pads, cutting the existing cable to the clip and soldering the SMA pigtail to the clip in its place. While I can see where I can/would solder the signal part of the SMA pigtail, where would I solder the Ground? Photo attached to illustrate. Many thanks.HR92 GND and Signal Pads.jpgHR92 New Signal Cable.jpg

Comment

• bruce_miranda
        Automated Home Legend
        • Jul 2014

Originally posted by zxdavb View Post
        FYI, Honeywell already make a RAMSES_II repeater.

https://ithodaalderop.compano.com/Da...BRDG-02M11.pdf
        It was never actually produced by Honeywell, rather more for Honeywell via a jv. The company has now branched into its own called https://www.airios.eu/

Comment

• logic_one
          Automated Home Lurker
          • Oct 2021

Thank you for the information, but I have already investigated the Airios BRDG-02EM23 and the Itho Daalderop RF repeater 04-00087 (they actually seem to be the same unit), and I have even found and contacted some outlets in The Netherlands that sell the Itho version, but none will ship to the UK ("it has become too much hassle" to quote one of them). I am thinking of going down the Honeywell Single Zone Round Thermostat (T87RF) route through using it as the room sensor and binding it in combo with the room's HR92. The T87RF has a much better range than the HR92.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
            Automated Home Legend
            • Jul 2014

What's the point of having better range on the room sensor while using the HR92 actuator with a poor signal?

Comment

Working...
            X