is it possible to wirelessy bridge two wired light switches ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • flipside
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Aug 2007

is it possible to wirelessy bridge two wired light switches ?

Hi All

I have a room with two sets of down lights on different switches. A number of electricians have told me due to the position of a rather large RSJ getting the two sets to work together will be expensive which lead me to wonder. Is there a way to get a wired switch to wirelessly switch on another set of lights preferbly two way.

Many thanks

Matt
    Last edited by flipside; 24 January 2016, 09:50 AM.
  • Mavis
    Automated Home Ninja
    • Oct 2014

Lightwaverf will do what you want but might not be the configuration that you want. Replace both your light switches with LWRF single gang light switch (direct replacement) then also get a mood switch (this is wireless so can be located anywhere). Then pair the moodswitch with the two light switches - you can have various configurations - all on, one on, other one on. You don't need the Internet link. You can then operate the lights with either the switches or the mood switch. Or you can also get a remote control instead of the mood switch.

Comment

• flipside
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Mavis View Post
      Lightwaverf will do what you want but might not be the configuration that you want. Replace both your light switches with LWRF single gang light switch (direct replacement) then also get a mood switch (this is wireless so can be located anywhere). Then pair the moodswitch with the two light switches - you can have various configurations - all on, one on, other one on. You don't need the Internet link. You can then operate the lights with either the switches or the mood switch. Or you can also get a remote control instead of the mood switch.
      Hi Mavis tank you for the response , so this would enable me to just use the single gang switches to turn on/off the lights with the mood switch purly being a bridge . Your right its not excactly what im looking for as id rather not have a third switch which will basically do nothing , I wonder if this is possible using a hub of one sort or another to act as the controlpoint

Oh i should say lightwaverf is a good starting point as ive been looking at moving to there power sockets for a while

Comment

• Mavis
        Automated Home Ninja
        • Oct 2014

Here is the link to Lightwaverf product manuals. http://www.megamanuk.com/lightwaverf...oduct-manuals/ The mood lighting controller is the one I am on about.

All my wall light switches are LWRF dimmers and I have a couple of wireless dimmers for the kitchen ( by the back door) and the bathroom (for obvious reasons the wired switch is in a cupboard backing onto the bathroom). I have a mood switch in the living room as the door has been turned at some point and the switch is behind the door. This switch is paired with the main light and two lamps which are plugged into LWRF plugin sockets. I also have the pir linked to the hall lights.

I have the wired mains sockets in the kitchen and hall and have various plugin sockets around the house and garage. I have the Internet link and have lots of timers set.

Comment

Working...
        X