Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Optimisation

Automated Home Legend paulockenden's Avatar

The biggest problem with getting Domoticz running on a Pi, assuming you want to use an HGI80 rather than the web service, is getting the drivers to work. But to be fair, the same is true for Windows machine, where the TI drivers can be a pain.

P.

Incidentally, one of the big advantages of using an HGI80 rather than the API is that you get proper temperatures reported, with 0.1 degree increments. This is because it's seeing the data as reported by the HR92s and room stats directly. If you use the API the temperatures have been 'adjusted' by the Evohome controller, meaning you get 0.5 degree granularity with a bias towards the setpoint.

Automated Home Guru

Quote Originally Posted by paulockenden View Post
    The biggest problem with getting Domoticz running on a Pi, assuming you want to use an HGI80 rather than the web service, is getting the drivers to work. But to be fair, the same is true for Windows machine, where the TI drivers can be a pain.

P.
    Thanks for reminding me. I'd forgotten that this was a bit of a pain. For my Windows set-up I followed the really helpful guidance in this post which describes how to edit the TI3410 divers after downloading them directly from the TI website:

https://www.domoticz.com/forum/viewt...=4072&start=60

Incidentally, one of the big advantages of using an HGI80 rather than the API is that you get proper temperatures reported, with 0.1 degree increments. This is because it's seeing the data as reported by the HR92s and room stats directly. If you use the API the temperatures have been 'adjusted' by the Evohome controller, meaning you get 0.5 degree granularity with a bias towards the setpoint.
    Totally agree! I really like the detailed information that's available via the HGI80. Sorry to go off topic, but thought I'd also mention that I've just started to try and tweak the Domoticz code myself at the moment as I don't find that it handles a couple of multi-room zones correctly with my set-up and I'm trying to fix this.
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by DanD View Post
    For my Windows set-up I followed the really helpful guidance in this post which describes how to edit the TI3410 divers after downloading them directly from the TI website:
    Depends on the version of Windows. If you have Windows 10 with a Secure Boot Policy you can't flip Windows into test mode in order to use unsigned drivers.

It's a pain in the bum!

P.