Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lost System Communication?

Automated Home Legend paulockenden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jzwack-honeywell View Post
    I was referring to the client watchforstock built in this thread:
    Ah, gotcha. My brain is sometimes a bit literal, so when I read 'client' I think... well... client!

P.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by jzwack-honeywell View Post
    I was referring to the client watchforstock built in this thread:
    http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/vbull...ntrol-remotely
    Yes I thought you were referring to that Python API, so I can confirm that while I do use it to poll once every 5 minutes to graph set points and measured temperatures, I do not use the API directly to attempt to make any changes, so the issue I describe is observed with the iPhone App. I have not tested to see whether making similar changes using the Python API would have the same problem but I could test that if you think it might help.

Also @DBMandrake I'm actually fully aware of the issue you're describing. I'm trying to find out exactly what I can/can't say about it. :-)
    Oh, that sounds ominous!

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by DBMandrake View Post
    Yes I thought you were referring to that Python API, so I can confirm that while I do use it to poll once every 5 minutes to graph set points and measured temperatures, I do not use the API directly to attempt to make any changes, so the issue I describe is observed with the iPhone App. I have not tested to see whether making similar changes using the Python API would have the same problem but I could test that if you think it might help.
    I can confirm I've seen the same type of behavior, it's the same API either way.

Oh, that sounds ominous!
    Don't ready anything bad into it! My comment was more around the resolution or more explanation around what's happening.
    developer.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. API Evangelist. Views are my own.

All

Just as a steer - evohome polls every 12, 6 or 3 times an hour (depending on setting). Default is 6. We find this is best practice and gives accurate measurement - especially with 'heating/temp'. When you consider it takes 30 mins for a full 0.5c-1 change in many homes.
    getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Automated Home Legend

Ok - just to add to this thread. My controller reported a loss/restore - low battery - for one of my 12 heating zones. I have changed the batteries in the 3 HR92s and they all cycled correctly, and as far as the controller is concerned, the zone is connected and working with a target temperature of 18C - actual temperature 18.5C.

An hour on, the App is showing the correct actual temperature but an incorrect target temperature of 15C.

Update.

The App stayed on the wrong target temperature until I made a manual target temperature adjustment on the controller. It then updated immediately. Very odd.
    Last edited by HenGus; 29th January 2016 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Addtl info

I have also has this, more recently a couple of days ago. The controller shows the correct target and actual temp but the app shows the previous set point temp but the correct temp.

I have just opened the app on my phone to check it as I am typing this and I have an even stranger issue. When I go into the individual room and go to the schedule it is in reverse order! The app shows the set points in this order
    22.30 10c
    15.30. 19c
    12.00. 17c
    08.30. 17c
    06.20. 19c
    00.00. 10c

The temps do correspond with the times.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Mavis View Post
    I have also has this, more recently a couple of days ago. The controller shows the correct target and actual temp but the app shows the previous set point temp but the correct temp.

I have just opened the app on my phone to check it as I am typing this and I have an even stranger issue. When I go into the individual room and go to the schedule it is in reverse order! The app shows the set points in this order
    22.30 10c
    15.30. 19c
    12.00. 17c
    08.30. 17c
    06.20. 19c
    00.00. 10c

The temps do correspond with the times.
    I had the same last weekend - reverse order listing. It was after I made some adjustments to start times to allow for optimisation. Google in and out of the app rectified it.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Rameses View Post
    All

When you consider it takes 30 mins for a full 0.5c-1 change in many homes.
    I must be lucky, my lounge this morning took 14 minutes for a 0.5c increase, according to the TRV but in reality a 0.3c increase in the room, 27 minutes for a 1.5c increase (increase in actual room temperature 1.2c), hit set point temperature after 40 mins both at the TRV and in the room. Optimisation though always thinks it takes 60 minutes to achieve this! The room by the way is nothing special, an ordinary lounge, curtains and blinds were not drawn overnight and the start temperature was 16.5c at the TRV and 17.6 in the room. I can get this with most rooms apart from two where it takes longer, I think because the radiators are undersized.

Automated Home Legend

Had a loss of communication message at 1210pm today: restored 2 minutes later. May not be connected, but I have a zone that comes on at that time with an optimum start. Looking back, my other reports seemed to be linked to times when a zone target temp was adjusting. May be wrong of course.

Edit

Further brief disconnect (2 min) when the zone switched to Optimum at 1615pm. It's the zone that had the battery changes last week.
    Last edited by HenGus; 31st January 2016 at 06:55 PM.

Automated Home Legend

I have had 5 reported loss of communication with the Total Connect server this afternoon. Time outs last from 2 to 32 minutes. The frequency of these disconnects has increased significantly since the last server maintenance period. Is anybody else having issues?