Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: M30x1.5 baseplate for HR92

Automated Home Jr Member WiteWulf's Avatar

Hi, sorry for the thread necro!

I just got an HR92 cheap from Amazon Warehouse (45, damaged packaging) only to find it's missing the base plate. I'm loathe to send it back if I can find a replacement baseplate as it was so cheap.

I note theevohomeshop now sell the M30 baseplate but have also seen mention of the M28. Which is the standard baseplate shipped with an HR92?

All my other units fit our radiators fine out of the box so I'm assuming the standard one will fit the last rad to be converted in our house, just want to make sure I order the right one!

*edit*

Actually, at nearly 12 (with P&P) from theevohomeshop, it's almost as much as a brand new one. Seems an awful lot of money for a bit of plastic. Think I'll be sending this one back to Amazon
    Last edited by WiteWulf; 8th September 2017 at 05:03 PM.

Automated Home Legend

The standard fitting is M30x1.5 which is the most common radiator valve thread.

We now have a spare parts section including the standard HR92 M30x1.5 valve base plate - https://theevohomeshop.co.uk/30-honeywell-spare-parts

We make very little on these items (time we have packaged them, took them to post office, etc), but thought they would be a useful addition to the website for existing customers.

Automated Home Jr Member WiteWulf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The EVOHOME Shop View Post
    We now have a spare parts section including the standard HR92 M30x1.5 valve base plate - https://theevohomeshop.co.uk/30-honeywell-spare-parts

We make very little on these items (time we have packaged them, took them to post office, etc), but thought they would be a useful addition to the website for existing customers.
    Thanks for the reply, sorry for my snarky edit, was just frustrated at the time that my apparent bargain hadn't worked out and it's obviously not your fault! It's great that you're carrying spare that Honeywell typically provide.

Automated Home Lurker

I'm really surprised that the Honeywell team don't see the need to supply this part as a spare. I have an EVO Home system with 8 x HR92s and in 2 of the 8, this part has broken causing loss of temperature control in that room. In one case I found that the black gear wheel had cracked causing the pin to push up and in the other the pin had just become loose in the black gear so that it pushed up when the motor tried to drive it down. I found the part listed as a spare on the evohomeshop.co.uk website but it is showing as out of stock. I think the real problem is that the valve tends to seize in the on state and the user then tries to screw the black wheel down manually to shut the radiator off.

Automated Home Legend

I agree that its strange it is not readily available as spare part - they're not the sturdiest of items, and will break if you over tighten it down onto the valve body.

Quote Originally Posted by hillsrob View Post
    I think the real problem is that the valve tends to seize in the on state and the user then tries to screw the black wheel down manually to shut the radiator off.
    This comment I don't get at all - if you mean the valve body itself is seizing and won't close properly, I don't see how this is the fault of the HR92 or its adaptor ? Get the faulty valve body replaced ?

And the black wheel is not designed to be manually screwed down by people, so anyone who takes the HR92 off on a radiator that won't close properly and forcibly screws the black wheel down to try to get a sticking valve body to stop flowing gets what is coming to them if it breaks. Don't do it. The motor has a calibrated amount of torque which is enough to close any valve body that is functioning normally, eg not seized, (especially in stroke 1 mode) but not enough to break the adaptor. Someone manually turning that wheel is likely to over tighten it.

Haven't really heard of many people having problems with their valves not closing down properly on here - the few who have the problem has either turned out to be an improperly fitted danfoss adaptor, or they've needed to enable stroke 1 mode, or the valve body has been old and seizing up and needed replacing anyway.
    Last edited by DBMandrake; 5th January 2018 at 09:59 AM.

Automated Home Sr Member

I got a replacement m30x1.5 base plate ( the standard HR92 baseplate) a couple of months ago from theevohomeshop but I notice that presently it seems out of stock . Maybe give them a call ?

Quote Originally Posted by rvb99 View Post
    I got a replacement m30x1.5 base plate ( the standard HR92 baseplate) a couple of months ago from theevohomeshop but I notice that presently it seems out of stock . Maybe give them a call ?
    These are now back in stock - https://theevohomeshop.co.uk/honeywe...64648-001.html