• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • top brake
    Automated Home Legend
    • Feb 2015

Originally posted by Gudge View Post
    I broke one of these, over-screwed it down onto the valve to much, which really upset the operation of the HR92. Looked everywhere to purchase a replacement, but no joy. Finally contacted Honeywell support who set me one foc.

great service, but very surprised that these cant be purchased as spares.
    glad you got sorted

it isn't setup as a spare part as if its installed as per instructions it shouldnt become damaged or degrade

its rare that Honeywell need to provide these so no plans to setup as a spare; miscellaneous parts like this and timer flaps, battery covers are all available as goodwill gesture from Honeywell support (as Ramses says within reason)
    I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Comment

• Caudera
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Dec 2015

Originally posted by top brake View Post
      glad you got sorted

it isn't setup as a spare part as if its installed as per instructions it shouldnt become damaged or degrade

its rare that Honeywell need to provide these so no plans to setup as a spare; miscellaneous parts like this and timer flaps, battery covers are all available as goodwill gesture from Honeywell support (as Ramses says within reason)
      OK, but the reply I got from Honeywell Customer Support (reference 12767738) sounded quite different. Is there any chance I can get these replacements? Thank you.

Comment

• top brake
        Automated Home Legend
        • Feb 2015

Originally posted by Caudera View Post
        OK, but the reply I got from Honeywell Customer Support (reference 12767738) sounded quite different. Is there any chance I can get these replacements? Thank you.
        yes no problem please pm me your name and address and ill get you one in the post
        I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Comment

• Stevedh
          Automated Home Guru
          • Mar 2017

Hi, I am in the same situation. This thread is now a year old (when I 1st read it I didn't notice the 2016 and thought it was just a few months old).
          Just wondering if anything has changed in the meantime, and if there is any way of getting hold of the M30x1.5 without having to buy a while new HR92.
          I did pm top brake before I noticed how old this thread is, sorry.

Comment

• Rameses
            Industry Expert
            • Nov 2014

Drop evohomeshop or Plumb arena a call

getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Comment

• WiteWulf
              Automated Home Jr Member
              • Mar 2016

Hi, sorry for the thread necro!

I just got an HR92 cheap from Amazon Warehouse (£45, damaged packaging) only to find it's missing the base plate. I'm loathe to send it back if I can find a replacement baseplate as it was so cheap.

I note theevohomeshop now sell the M30 baseplate but have also seen mention of the M28. Which is the standard baseplate shipped with an HR92?

All my other units fit our radiators fine out of the box so I'm assuming the standard one will fit the last rad to be converted in our house, just want to make sure I order the right one!

*edit*

Actually, at nearly £12 (with P&P) from theevohomeshop, it's almost as much as a brand new one. Seems an awful lot of money for a bit of plastic. Think I'll be sending this one back to Amazon
              Last edited by WiteWulf; 8 September 2017, 04:03 PM.

Comment

• DBMandrake
                Automated Home Legend
                • Sep 2014

The standard fitting is M30x1.5 which is the most common radiator valve thread.

Comment

• The EVOHOME Shop
                  Site Sponsor
                  • Dec 2014

We now have a spare parts section including the standard HR92 M30x1.5 valve base plate - https://theevohomeshop.co.uk/30-honeywell-spare-parts

We make very little on these items (time we have packaged them, took them to post office, etc), but thought they would be a useful addition to the website for existing customers.

Comment

• WiteWulf
                    Automated Home Jr Member
                    • Mar 2016

Originally posted by The EVOHOME Shop View Post
                    We now have a spare parts section including the standard HR92 M30x1.5 valve base plate - https://theevohomeshop.co.uk/30-honeywell-spare-parts

We make very little on these items (time we have packaged them, took them to post office, etc), but thought they would be a useful addition to the website for existing customers.
                    Thanks for the reply, sorry for my snarky edit, was just frustrated at the time that my apparent bargain hadn't worked out and it's obviously not your fault! It's great that you're carrying spare that Honeywell typically provide.

Comment

• hillsrob
                      Automated Home Lurker
                      • Oct 2014

I'm really surprised that the Honeywell team don't see the need to supply this part as a spare. I have an EVO Home system with 8 x HR92s and in 2 of the 8, this part has broken causing loss of temperature control in that room. In one case I found that the black gear wheel had cracked causing the pin to push up and in the other the pin had just become loose in the black gear so that it pushed up when the motor tried to drive it down. I found the part listed as a spare on the evohomeshop.co.uk website but it is showing as out of stock. I think the real problem is that the valve tends to seize in the on state and the user then tries to screw the black wheel down manually to shut the radiator off.

Comment

• DBMandrake
                        Automated Home Legend
                        • Sep 2014

I agree that its strange it is not readily available as spare part - they're not the sturdiest of items, and will break if you over tighten it down onto the valve body.

Originally posted by hillsrob View Post
                        I think the real problem is that the valve tends to seize in the on state and the user then tries to screw the black wheel down manually to shut the radiator off.
                        This comment I don't get at all - if you mean the valve body itself is seizing and won't close properly, I don't see how this is the fault of the HR92 or its adaptor ? Get the faulty valve body replaced ?

And the black wheel is not designed to be manually screwed down by people, so anyone who takes the HR92 off on a radiator that won't close properly and forcibly screws the black wheel down to try to get a sticking valve body to stop flowing gets what is coming to them if it breaks. Don't do it. The motor has a calibrated amount of torque which is enough to close any valve body that is functioning normally, eg not seized, (especially in stroke 1 mode) but not enough to break the adaptor. Someone manually turning that wheel is likely to over tighten it.

Haven't really heard of many people having problems with their valves not closing down properly on here - the few who have the problem has either turned out to be an improperly fitted danfoss adaptor, or they've needed to enable stroke 1 mode, or the valve body has been old and seizing up and needed replacing anyway.
                        Last edited by DBMandrake; 5 January 2018, 09:59 AM.

Comment

• rvb99
                          Automated Home Sr Member
                          • Oct 2017

I got a replacement m30x1.5 base plate ( the standard HR92 baseplate) a couple of months ago from theevohomeshop but I notice that presently it seems out of stock . Maybe give them a call ?

Comment

• The EVOHOME Shop
                            Site Sponsor
                            • Dec 2014

Originally posted by rvb99 View Post
                            I got a replacement m30x1.5 base plate ( the standard HR92 baseplate) a couple of months ago from theevohomeshop but I notice that presently it seems out of stock . Maybe give them a call ?
                            These are now back in stock - https://theevohomeshop.co.uk/honeywe...64648-001.html

Comment

• markwhite19
                              Automated Home Lurker
                              • Oct 2020

Hi, I've logged a call asking if a replacement is possible. Am I likely to get one?

Comment

• therealfronty
                                Automated Home Guru
                                • May 2021

I bought a load of HR92s off ebay that came with that black valve adaptor thing. The standard size is m30 x 1.5 but when I tried to screw a couple on they just wouldn't screw down. On closer inspection, you can see the size embossed on the shoulder of the white bit, some of mine are m28 x 1.5, others are m30 x 1.5. So it seems I was unintentionally trying to screw a m28 onto a m30 trv body. Obviously it didn't work and when I found a m30 adaptor it screwed on straight away. I didn't realise they made the adaptor in m28 size, but I seem to have a few. If only I'd known, as literally just replaced an m28 trv body with an m30 one because I couldn't get one of these adaptors to fit (using an m30, not realising I had some m28s sitting in the bag).

If you look closely you can see the size embossed on the white piece.

I also had what I thought was a stiff trv valve, and screwed down the adaptor so hard that it broke the central black spigot thing. The pin was pushed up so hard that the plastic star shaped spigot broke. I screwed on an another one more carefully and the hr92 cycled fine, so i think really I was just being a bit too ham-fisted, luckily I had a spare.

Comment

Working...
                                X