• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HenGus
    Automated Home Legend
    • May 2014

Battery Low Indication

I just happened to be checking my controller this morning, and I noted that there was a Fault/Restore - battery low - on one of my zones. I assume that had the the fault not restored, the home screen would have shown a fault display indication? I have changed the batteries (after 18 months of use) in the affected zone but should I have done so? Would it have been better to wait for a full fault indication?
  • top brake
    Automated Home Legend
    • Feb 2015

Originally posted by HenGus View Post
    I just happened to be checking my controller this morning, and I noted that there was a Fault/Restore - battery low - on one of my zones. I assume that had the the fault not restored, the home screen would have shown a fault display indication? I have changed the batteries (after 18 months of use) in the affected zone but should I have done so? Would it have been better to wait for a full fault indication?
    you got an early warning, best to replace as soon as you get the first warning, just as you get fuel when reserve light comes on your car dashboard
    I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Comment

• HenGus
      Automated Home Legend
      • May 2014

Thanks. The HR92s are now whirring a lot louder than was the case previously so they were obviously on their way out.

Comment

• G4RHL
        Automated Home Legend
        • Jan 2015

Originally posted by HenGus View Post
        Thanks. The HR92s are now whirring a lot louder than was the case previously so they were obviously on their way out.
        Oddly enough mine seems to be louder after I changed the batteries. As a double check when you get the message on the Panel, look at the display on the HR92 in all cases when my panel is telling me batteries are low they also appear very low in their display. On one occasion they didn't and it did not replace them. I suspect it was some communication glitch that happened.

Comment

Working...
        X