• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rugbyscottie
    • Mar 2024

Unable to connect to WIFI

Hi All,

I'm looking for some advice please.

I installed my Evohome in November and has been working perfectly ever since. However this weekend I have been unable to connect remotely through the app. I've tried restarting my phone, restarting my router, even reinstalling the app but no success. I then disconnected the evohome controller from my wifi network, with the intention of adding it to my network again, but now I cannot connect the evohome controller to my network.

Also can anyone tell me how to find out what firmware version the controller is running on?

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Scott

PS. I'm aware of the issue of the controller not connecting to wifi when on batteries/out of range. I have tried connecting with the controller on its stand situated right next to the router - so that rules out that problem.

UPDATE

A bit of further background - last night I added 4 new radiator controllers (THR92H1002) but after adding them to the controller the evohome app was not showing any of the new devices, and was not showing my 3 old devices correctly (but they had been ok previously). So I suspect the adding of the new radiator valves is when things went pear shaped, but I don't understand why this would happen.

I've now checked my router settings, despite having disconnected the controller from the router, it was still appearing in the DHCP table, so I deleted the device, restarted the router and tried to connect again. The controller is still telling me it cannot connect to wifi but the controller has reappeared in the DHCP table in the router and shows as connected.

But when I click on the schedule button in the evohome app I still get an error message saying schedule is unavailable, and the app tells me communication with the system has been lost.

I haven't gone as far as doing a full evohome system reset, as setting the system up again will be a lot of work, so any help I can get is appreciated.
    Last edited by Guest; 30 January 2016, 10:29 PM.
  • killa47
    Automated Home Guru
    • Jan 2016

Quote Originally Posted by rotor View Post

From this post: http://www.wordpress-1219309-4387497...ll=1#post20512

"You should be able to check the firmware version by doing a quick tap on 'settings' on the evohome main screen followed by a long tap (arround 20s) on 'device settings'. The system should then display an info screen with the device id and application software version followed by a date etc."
    Thanks. Yes it does. Tells me the Application Software Version is 01.00.02.01 and the WiFi Software Version is 01.00.02.00. It does not give me a date though.

Comment

• Jom
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Aug 2015

Originally posted by rugbyscottie View Post
      Hi All,

I'm looking for some advice please.

I installed my Evohome in November and has been working perfectly ever since. However this weekend I have been unable to connect remotely through the app. I've tried restarting my phone, restarting my router, even reinstalling the app but no success. I then disconnected the evohome controller from my wifi network, with the intention of adding it to my network again, but now I cannot connect the evohome controller to my network.

Also can anyone tell me how to find out what firmware version the controller is running on?

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Scott

PS. I'm aware of the issue of the controller not connecting to wifi when on batteries/out of range. I have tried connecting with the controller on its stand situated right next to the router - so that rules out that problem.
      Hi,
      Sounds like some issue with the controller. Have you tried removing the batteries from the controller. This will reset the controller. All your devices should connect again when the controller restarts. Wifi might also be sorted.
      Best of luck.

Comment

• rugbyscottie

Originally posted by Jom View Post
        Hi,
        Sounds like some issue with the controller. Have you tried removing the batteries from the controller. This will reset the controller. All your devices should connect again when the controller restarts. Wifi might also be sorted.
        Best of luck.
        Sorry, should have said. I've also left the batteries of the controller out for about 15 minutes, but that didn't sort it either.

Thanks

Comment

• rugbyscottie

Originally posted by killa47 View Post
          Quote Originally Posted by rotor View Post

From this post: http://www.wordpress-1219309-4387497...ll=1#post20512

"You should be able to check the firmware version by doing a quick tap on 'settings' on the evohome main screen followed by a long tap (arround 20s) on 'device settings'. The system should then display an info screen with the device id and application software version followed by a date etc."
          Thanks. Yes it does. Tells me the Application Software Version is 01.00.02.01 and the WiFi Software Version is 01.00.02.00. It does not give me a date though.
          Thanks for the info. That link is going to an error 404 page. Can you try again? Thanks

Comment

• killa47
            Automated Home Guru
            • Jan 2016

Originally posted by rugbyscottie View Post
            Thanks for the info. That link is going to an error 404 page. Can you try again? Thanks
            Sorry - I was just extracting the basic instructions from other posts to find the firmware version details. Tap "Settings", then hold finger down on "Device Settings" button for about 15 seconds and it should pop up the screen showing version details. The "Device Setting" button will turn black whilst you hold finger on button

Comment

• peterf
              Automated Home Guru
              • Jan 2015

Have you checked that you've not inadvertently applied some parental controls or time schedule to the Evohome box and that there are no odd outbound firewall rules set. I don't know how the Evohome wifi works in detail but it may be that it's connected to your network but not seeing a DNS server.

Comment

• shaneybucks
                Automated Home Lurker
                • Feb 2016

Have you found a solution? I am experiencing the same issues. I have reset the controller, unplugged the batteries but still will not connect.

Comment

• top brake
                  Automated Home Legend
                  • Feb 2015

Originally posted by shaneybucks View Post
                  Have you found a solution? I am experiencing the same issues. I have reset the controller, unplugged the batteries but still will not connect.
                  Folks please log a call with Honeywell Support and they can look into it for you. Please include your registered email address and device MAC id when you complete the contact form.
                  I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Comment

• shaneybucks
                    Automated Home Lurker
                    • Feb 2016

Originally posted by top brake View Post
                    Folks please log a call with Honeywell Support and they can look into it for you. Please include your registered email address and device MAC id when you complete the contact form.
                    I emailed support about my issue on Monday and haven't got a reply yet.

Comment

• Chestnut 2000
                      Automated Home Jr Member
                      • Feb 2016

Me too !

I have the same problem, although in my case it did connect initially but after around 5 minutes it disconnected & will not reconnect.

Did anyone obtain a solution, I have logged a fault with Support but looks like I'm in the queue with everyone else.

Comment

• peterf
                        Automated Home Guru
                        • Jan 2015

Check that you're on the latest version of the app. I had similar problems a while ago when my venerable old iPod Touch wouldn't support the new version of the app. It's been fine since I picked up a new iPod and I'm showing the current app version as 3.2.0 .

Comment

• Chestnut 2000
                          Automated Home Jr Member
                          • Feb 2016

Its the WIFI between the Evohome & the router that will not connect actually.

Comment

• rugbyscottie

I logged a call with Honeywell and below is the guidance they gave on how to at least get the controller connected to the router. This has worked for me, no guarantee it will work for you but worth a try.

1. Press Settings
                            2. Press Wi-Fi Settings
                            3. Let evohome seacrh for wireless networks
                            4. Select your network
                            5. Enter password of your wireless networ and press green tick
                            6. Connecting to screen appears
                            7. Could not connect screen appears
                            8. Press the home icon top left, DO NOT press the red X button!
                            9. Although not showing evohome is connected to our TCC server, in this state it can receive the software update
                            10. You can receive a connection restored email from the TCC service

Comment

• Chestnut 2000
                              Automated Home Jr Member
                              • Feb 2016

I'll give that a go #rugbyscottie, thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
                              X