Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Unable to connect to WIFI

Automated Home Jr Member

Default Unable to connect to WIFI

Hi All,

I'm looking for some advice please.

I installed my Evohome in November and has been working perfectly ever since. However this weekend I have been unable to connect remotely through the app. I've tried restarting my phone, restarting my router, even reinstalling the app but no success. I then disconnected the evohome controller from my wifi network, with the intention of adding it to my network again, but now I cannot connect the evohome controller to my network.

Also can anyone tell me how to find out what firmware version the controller is running on?

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Scott

PS. I'm aware of the issue of the controller not connecting to wifi when on batteries/out of range. I have tried connecting with the controller on its stand situated right next to the router - so that rules out that problem.

UPDATE

A bit of further background - last night I added 4 new radiator controllers (THR92H1002) but after adding them to the controller the evohome app was not showing any of the new devices, and was not showing my 3 old devices correctly (but they had been ok previously). So I suspect the adding of the new radiator valves is when things went pear shaped, but I don't understand why this would happen.

I've now checked my router settings, despite having disconnected the controller from the router, it was still appearing in the DHCP table, so I deleted the device, restarted the router and tried to connect again. The controller is still telling me it cannot connect to wifi but the controller has reappeared in the DHCP table in the router and shows as connected.

But when I click on the schedule button in the evohome app I still get an error message saying schedule is unavailable, and the app tells me communication with the system has been lost.

I haven't gone as far as doing a full evohome system reset, as setting the system up again will be a lot of work, so any help I can get is appreciated.
    Last edited by rugbyscottie; 30th January 2016 at 10:29 PM.

Automated Home Sr Member

Quote Originally Posted by rotor View Post

From this post: http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/vbull...ll=1#post20512

"You should be able to check the firmware version by doing a quick tap on 'settings' on the evohome main screen followed by a long tap (arround 20s) on 'device settings'. The system should then display an info screen with the device id and application software version followed by a date etc."
    Thanks. Yes it does. Tells me the Application Software Version is 01.00.02.01 and the WiFi Software Version is 01.00.02.00. It does not give me a date though.

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by rugbyscottie View Post
    Hi All,

I'm looking for some advice please.

I installed my Evohome in November and has been working perfectly ever since. However this weekend I have been unable to connect remotely through the app. I've tried restarting my phone, restarting my router, even reinstalling the app but no success. I then disconnected the evohome controller from my wifi network, with the intention of adding it to my network again, but now I cannot connect the evohome controller to my network.

Also can anyone tell me how to find out what firmware version the controller is running on?

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Scott

PS. I'm aware of the issue of the controller not connecting to wifi when on batteries/out of range. I have tried connecting with the controller on its stand situated right next to the router - so that rules out that problem.
    Hi,
    Sounds like some issue with the controller. Have you tried removing the batteries from the controller. This will reset the controller. All your devices should connect again when the controller restarts. Wifi might also be sorted.
    Best of luck.

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jom View Post
    Hi,
    Sounds like some issue with the controller. Have you tried removing the batteries from the controller. This will reset the controller. All your devices should connect again when the controller restarts. Wifi might also be sorted.
    Best of luck.
    Sorry, should have said. I've also left the batteries of the controller out for about 15 minutes, but that didn't sort it either.

Thanks

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by killa47 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rotor View Post

From this post: http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/vbull...ll=1#post20512

"You should be able to check the firmware version by doing a quick tap on 'settings' on the evohome main screen followed by a long tap (arround 20s) on 'device settings'. The system should then display an info screen with the device id and application software version followed by a date etc."
    Thanks. Yes it does. Tells me the Application Software Version is 01.00.02.01 and the WiFi Software Version is 01.00.02.00. It does not give me a date though.
    Thanks for the info. That link is going to an error 404 page. Can you try again? Thanks

Automated Home Sr Member

Quote Originally Posted by rugbyscottie View Post
    Thanks for the info. That link is going to an error 404 page. Can you try again? Thanks
    Sorry - I was just extracting the basic instructions from other posts to find the firmware version details. Tap "Settings", then hold finger down on "Device Settings" button for about 15 seconds and it should pop up the screen showing version details. The "Device Setting" button will turn black whilst you hold finger on button

Automated Home Sr Member

Have you checked that you've not inadvertently applied some parental controls or time schedule to the Evohome box and that there are no odd outbound firewall rules set. I don't know how the Evohome wifi works in detail but it may be that it's connected to your network but not seeing a DNS server.

Automated Home Lurker

Have you found a solution? I am experiencing the same issues. I have reset the controller, unplugged the batteries but still will not connect.

Automated Home Legend top brake's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shaneybucks View Post
    Have you found a solution? I am experiencing the same issues. I have reset the controller, unplugged the batteries but still will not connect.
    Folks please log a call with Honeywell Support and they can look into it for you. Please include your registered email address and device MAC id when you complete the contact form.
    I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Automated Home Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by top brake View Post
    Folks please log a call with Honeywell Support and they can look into it for you. Please include your registered email address and device MAC id when you complete the contact form.
    I emailed support about my issue on Monday and haven't got a reply yet.