Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Unable to connect to WIFI

Automated Home Jr Member

Default Me too !

I have the same problem, although in my case it did connect initially but after around 5 minutes it disconnected & will not reconnect.

Did anyone obtain a solution, I have logged a fault with Support but looks like I'm in the queue with everyone else.

Automated Home Guru

Check that you're on the latest version of the app. I had similar problems a while ago when my venerable old iPod Touch wouldn't support the new version of the app. It's been fine since I picked up a new iPod and I'm showing the current app version as 3.2.0 .

Automated Home Jr Member

Its the WIFI between the Evohome & the router that will not connect actually.

rugbyscottie

I logged a call with Honeywell and below is the guidance they gave on how to at least get the controller connected to the router. This has worked for me, no guarantee it will work for you but worth a try.

1. Press Settings
    2. Press Wi-Fi Settings
    3. Let evohome seacrh for wireless networks
    4. Select your network
    5. Enter password of your wireless networ and press green tick
    6. Connecting to screen appears
    7. Could not connect screen appears
    8. Press the home icon top left, DO NOT press the red X button!
    9. Although not showing evohome is connected to our TCC server, in this state it can receive the software update
    10. You can receive a connection restored email from the TCC service

Automated Home Jr Member

I'll give that a go #rugbyscottie, thanks for the info.

Automated Home Jr Member

Well #rugbyscottie we are a step nearer.

The device is showing in the wireless connected devices & it most definitely wasn't previously after a hard reset of the Sky Hub.

How does one know when the software update is completed or indeed if it is actually updating ?

Perhaps this is done overnight?

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by rugbyscottie View Post
    I logged a call with Honeywell and below is the guidance they gave on how to at least get the controller connected to the router. This has worked for me, no guarantee it will work for you but worth a try.

1. Press Settings
    2. Press Wi-Fi Settings
    3. Let evohome seacrh for wireless networks
    4. Select your network
    5. Enter password of your wireless networ and press green tick
    6. Connecting to screen appears
    9. Although not showing evohome is connected to our TCC server, in this state it can receive the software update
    I can confirm that the solution offered by #rugbyscottie worked for me too, and many thanks to #rugbyscottie for generously sharing this information.

Even though the device apprears not to have associated with the WIFI, following these instructions does make the system work.

Cheers for the assistance - hope this helps others too !

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by rugbyscottie View Post
    I am not sure that I understand the last bit of this advice. If your WLAN is protected by security/password, then how does the controller connect to the Honeywell Network if the password isn't accepted? I cannot think of any other piece of wifi equipment that updates unless it is connected to a WLAN or has its own LAN connection.

If the issues are down to a firmware update, then it rather proves the point that there needs to be some form of user intervention in the update process.

Automated Home Jr Member

#HenGus

What happens is that you have entered the correct WIFI password in step 5 & although these are passed to the router, the Evohome indicated that the process has failed.

The key point is to follow step 8 rather than try again.

Hope this helps.

rugbyscottie

Quote Originally Posted by HenGus View Post
    I am not sure that I understand the last bit of this advice. If your WLAN is protected by security/password, then how does the controller connect to the Honeywell Network if the password isn't accepted? I cannot think of any other piece of wifi equipment that updates unless it is connected to a WLAN or has its own LAN connection.

If the issues are down to a firmware update, then it rather proves the point that there needs to be some form of user intervention in the update process.
    I think the bug is that the controller says (by showing the could not connect screen) that is hasn't connected to the router, when in fact it has. Now that I've followed these steps my controller connected to the TCC server and I have been able to control the heating remotely without any problems since. The software update is going to be pushed out to my controller manually by Honeywell.