• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DanD
    Automated Home Ninja
    • Feb 2016

New Evohome install on S Plan setup - wiring diagram advice

Hi,

I’m in the process of installing an Evohome system to control my heating and hot water (Controller, Hot Water kit and 16 HR92s). I have an S Plan setup with a system boiler (Glow Worm Ultracom2 30SXI with vented cylinder). I’d like to get input on whether I’ve understood the wiring diagrams for my intended setup. I’m aiming to achieve the Figure 4 setup in the Installation Guide, with the current CH zone valve isolated and locked open and HR92s fitted to all radiators in the house. I’ve attempted to simplify the Figure 9 wiring diagram for my setup (note my boiler requires a permanent live feed and has a 230V Room Thermostat connection). Does this look correct or have I missed out any key connections? I’m worried that it looks a bit too simplified!

Wiring2.jpg

Thanks,

Dan
  • DanD
    Automated Home Ninja
    • Feb 2016

Hi,

I've wired up all the system and all is working OK. The wiring turned out to be even simpler as I realised that the live feed to the A connections in each of the BDR91s could be achieved by linking L to A internally so 4 & 6 were unnecessary in the wiring diagram. Hopefully the wiring diagram might be helpful to others. Note: my set-up is a system boiler with internal pump hence no pump connections needed in the wiring diagram.

I'm really pleased with the Evohome setup and installation was far easier than I expected.

Dan

Comment

• top brake
      Automated Home Legend
      • Feb 2015

glad you got it sorted :-)
      I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Comment

• top brake
        Automated Home Legend
        • Feb 2015

Originally posted by DanD View Post
        Hi,

I've wired up all the system and all is working OK. The wiring turned out to be even simpler as I realised that the live feed to the A connections in each of the BDR91s could be achieved by linking L to A internally so 4 & 6 were unnecessary in the wiring diagram. Hopefully the wiring diagram might be helpful to others. Note: my set-up is a system boiler with internal pump hence no pump connections needed in the wiring diagram.

I'm really pleased with the Evohome setup and installation was far easier than I expected.

Dan
        Great diagram thanks
        I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Comment

• davegilsenan
          Automated Home Lurker
          • May 2016

If you have a seperate pump, how would you wire this in to make sre it's on before the boiler fires?

Comment

• DanD
            Automated Home Ninja
            • Feb 2016

Originally posted by davegilsenan View Post
            If you have a seperate pump, how would you wire this in to make sre it's on before the boiler fires?
            I think you'd just retain pump wiring as per the original Figure 9 in the manual. This is the standard S-Plan set-up and it's OK for the pump to start at the same time the boiler firing is triggered.

Dan

Comment

Working...
            X