• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mickjohn
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Mar 2015

Evohome controller repair

Hi
    Anybody know where i could get an Evohome colour controller( not connected one) repaired, my 1 year old grandson pulled it off the shelf and cracked the glass which he thought was really funny....I didnt

Cant claim from home insurance because of my excess

It still powers on but cant use anything

Many thanks

Mick
  • top brake
    Automated Home Legend
    • Feb 2015

Originally posted by Mickjohn View Post
    Hi
    Anybody know where i could get an Evohome colour controller( not connected one) repaired, my 1 year old grandson pulled it off the shelf and cracked the glass which he thought was really funny....I didnt

Cant claim from home insurance because of my excess

It still powers on but cant use anything

Many thanks

Mick
    sorry there is no return to base repair service available
    I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Comment

• gl3n
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Feb 2015

Is this not a great opportunity to offer one!

Maybe an offer to take the wifi upgrade, obviously for a slightly different reason.

Companies that offer help in situations like this get so much respect from the consumers.

I get fed up with the can not help buy another attitude that seems to exist! The fact I could simply not get the M30x1.5 baseplate made me think Honeywell were like most other companies.

However finding I could get it free from support surprised me as Richard at Evohomeshop was unable to supply even though I would happily have paid!

Anyway just a couple of thoughts but I'd like to see some way of helping this person here
      Last edited by gl3n; 8 February 2016, 05:53 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

• top brake
        Automated Home Legend
        • Feb 2015

Originally posted by gl3n View Post
        Is this not a great opportunity to offer one!

Maybe an offer to take the wifi upgrade, obviously for a slightly different reason.

Companies that offer help in situations like this get so much respect from the consumers.

I get fed up with the can not help buy another attitude that seems to exist! The fact I could simply not get the M30x1.5 baseplate made me think Honeywell were like most other companies.

However finding I could get it free from support surprised me as Richard at Evohomeshop was unable to supply even though I would happily have paid!

Anyway just a couple of thoughts but I'd like to see some way of helping this person here
        The M30x1.5 bases are not currently available to buy as it was never envisaged that they would be needed. This is now being investigated as there have been some cases of them being damaged

Honeywell is the manufacturer here and manufactures in bulk into distribution. The colour evohome (pre-wifi) is no longer in production and as explained there is no return to base repair service available.

Regarding upgrades to the wifi model this is covered in another thread

Thanks
        I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Comment

• Mickjohn
          Automated Home Sr Member
          • Mar 2015

Ok many thanks for replies i bought a new wifi one

Comment

Working...
          X