Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please give me some pointers

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by paulockenden View Post
    The square box is more functional than the pretty round one, and it can also be table mounted. So apart from looks, the DT92 wins every time.

P.
    One thing I have wondered about the DTS92, is can its controls be "locked" from the main controller like those of an HR92 ? For example if you were putting a wall stat in a kids room would you have to fit a model which is a temperature sensor only with no controls to prevent fiddling, or can the DTS92 be locked and still act as a temperature sensor and display the current reading ?

Automated Home Legend paulockenden's Avatar

There's no 'lock' function, although you could superglue the buttons!

Isn't it better to show the kids how it works, and allow them to set a temperature in their room that they feel comfortable with?

Automated Home Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DBMandrake View Post
    One thing I have wondered about the DTS92, is can its controls be "locked" from the main controller like those of an HR92 ? For example if you were putting a wall stat in a kids room would you have to fit a model which is a temperature sensor only with no controls to prevent fiddling, or can the DTS92 be locked and still act as a temperature sensor and display the current reading ?
    I have both. The DTS92s get blocked by the central controller, the Y87s don't. No mention whatsoever i the documentation (shame on Honeywell). No mention nor knowledge of my reseller, that didn't warn me, and told me Honeywell was increasing DTS92 prices to above Y87s...