• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VvrooomM
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Dec 2015

System problems.

My base unit presented a screen today asking for password. I duly entered it and all seemed okay but on using the iPhone app tonight everything has gone. The rooms look like they are there but there are no names and no info on temps etc being fed in.

What's happened. No power cut, Internet running all day.....
  • HenGus
    Automated Home Legend
    • May 2014

Have you checked your account on the Total Connect Website?

Comment

• VvrooomM
      Automated Home Sr Member
      • Dec 2015

My account still exists but that appears to be it.

Comment

• HenGus
        Automated Home Legend
        • May 2014

Is your account showing a MACID for the controller/device? If not, I would then check my router log to see what devices are connected to my WLAN. If the device is showing on the router then the Evohome device is connected to your network. I would then delete the device on my TC account and rebuild the account. If it isn't then in the WLAN log, then there is a connection issue which would need to be investigated further.

Comment

• VvrooomM
          Automated Home Sr Member
          • Dec 2015

Originally posted by HenGus View Post
          Is your account showing a MACID for the controller/device? If not, I would then check my router log to see what devices are connected to my WLAN. If the device is showing on the router then the Evohome device is connected to your network. I would then delete the device on my TC account and rebuild the account. If it isn't then in the WLAN log, then there is a connection issue which would need to be investigated further.
          Thanks for the suggestion, it might as well be written in German though as you lost me at MACID. How did this happen all on its own??

Comment

• HenGus
            Automated Home Legend
            • May 2014

If you click Home on the Total Connect page (after you have logged in) then under home is:

Device Assigned to this Location

DEVICE MAC - 00000

This is how the system identifies your controller. If there is a device number showing then this normally indicates that your system is talking to Honeywell. If the device code is missing then you might have re-connect the controller to the Honeywell system. I have a separate Gateway: I am not sure how it works with the new wifi model but it will be in the instructions.

'Why do to wifi things go wrong'? I wish I knew, they do. There may be a fault with your controller but it is worth checking the easy things out first. Is your controller showing in your router's list of connected devices?

Comment

• VvrooomM
              Automated Home Sr Member
              • Dec 2015

Originally posted by HenGus View Post
              If you click Home on the Total Connect page (after you have logged in) then under home is:

Device Assigned to this Location

DEVICE MAC - 00000

This is how the system identifies your controller. If there is a device number showing then this normally indicates that your system is talking to Honeywell. If the device code is missing then you might have re-connect the controller to the Honeywell system. I have a separate Gateway: I am not sure how it works with the new wifi model but it will be in the instructions.

'Why do to wifi things go wrong'? I wish I knew, they do. There may be a fault with your controller but it is worth checking the easy things out first. Is your controller showing in your router's list of connected devices?
              I'm based in the UK, the website only gives USA and Canada as an option.

Comment

• VvrooomM
                Automated Home Sr Member
                • Dec 2015

Originally posted by VvrooomM View Post
                I'm based in the UK, the website only gives USA and Canada as an option.
                Sorry I thought you were referring to a website. On my iPhone app, the MAC address is showing under home option.

Comment

• Cchris
                  Automated Home Sr Member
                  • Nov 2015

I've had a similar problem occur.

On both android and ios one of our controllers is showing all blankn information. No zone names, no current temps and some set temps at daft levels like 62 degrees. The ither controller shows up just fine in ths app (we have one upstairs and one downstairs).

On the controller itself everything looks OK. Have removed and reinstalled the app, no change.

Mac address shows up fine when I check the honeywell account.

It just looks as though the app is getting duff information from the server.

Anyone else experiencing similar?

Comment

• Cchris
                    Automated Home Sr Member
                    • Nov 2015

Just to advise I fixed the problem by removing the device in my honeywell account then re added it again.

All seems to be well for now.

Comment

• VvrooomM
                      Automated Home Sr Member
                      • Dec 2015

Originally posted by Cchris View Post
                      Just to advise I fixed the problem by removing the device in my honeywell account then re added it again.

All seems to be well for now.
                      Can you explain how you did that, I can't access any Honeywell website only the app. I get an Internet bad gateway error or something. I'd assumed their site was down. A web link to the login screen would be appreciated. Thanks G

Comment

• Cchris
                        Automated Home Sr Member
                        • Nov 2015

The login screen is here:
                        Get access to your Total Connect Comfort Europe account. Not a user yet? Create an account now and discover a new comfort zone.

Use the same details as per the app.

Go to the location and remove the device associated with it, then re add it.

Hope it works for you too.

Comment

• VvrooomM
                          Automated Home Sr Member
                          • Dec 2015

The login screen is here:
                          Get access to your Total Connect Comfort Europe account. Not a user yet? Create an account now and discover a new comfort zone.

Use the same details as per the app.

Go to the location and remove the device associated with it, then re add it.

Hope it works for you too.
                          I get a runtime error, can't open that link. No idea what's going on.

Comment

• Cchris
                            Automated Home Sr Member
                            • Nov 2015

What browser are you using to view the link?

Comment

• VvrooomM
                              Automated Home Sr Member
                              • Dec 2015

What browser are you using to view the link?
                              Tried Safari and Google Chrome.

Comment

Working...
                              X