• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VvrooomM
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Dec 2015

Originally posted by VvrooomM View Post
    Tried Safari and Google Chrome.
    Just tried google chrome app and it worked as did your delete and re-add. Shame Honeywell couldn't have been more help. Wonder what caused the glitch?? Ta very much Chris!!

Comment

• Cchris
      Automated Home Sr Member
      • Nov 2015

I'm guessing it was something to do with the recent firmware update. This same controller had a strange temperature issue the day of the update where it looked as though one room had been "advanced".

I assume the controllers restart during the update, in which case if it does that just at the wrong time (when zones are changing theur temperature as per a set schedule) then that's how issues arrise.

Glad it's sorted.

Comment

• scubaharris
        Automated Home Lurker
        • Feb 2016

Honeywell Evohome app not working, all sorted now.

Originally posted by Cchris View Post
        Just to advise I fixed the problem by removing the device in my honeywell account then re added it again.

All seems to be well for now.
        This seems a common problem across the forum in various threads. It would appear to be as a result of some kind of update by Honeywell over the past week or so (nothing you or we have done wrong). I spent quite a few hours trawling the internet, reinstalling the app, checking the settings on the controller and so on. Finally coming across the same answer: Log in to your account, remove the device from the location, wait an hour (that's how long mine took to reset) re-enter your device details... and it all starts working again.

Honeywell have our email addresses, why on earth don't they send out a simple communication to help people where this has happened? i.e. If this is what has happened to your system, you need to do this... sorry. They must know the update has caused problems. My guess is that many hundreds of people have probably spend thousands of hours trying to sort out a problem not of their making when the solution was available all along.

Makes me huff and puff... might need those hours later in life.
        evo_harris2.jpg

Comment

• VvrooomM
          Automated Home Sr Member
          • Dec 2015

Originally posted by scubaharris View Post
          This seems a common problem across the forum in various threads. It would appear to be as a result of some kind of update by Honeywell over the past week or so (nothing you or we have done wrong). I spent quite a few hours trawling the internet, reinstalling the app, checking the settings on the controller and so on. Finally coming across the same answer: Log in to your account, remove the device from the location, wait an hour (that's how long mine took to reset) re-enter your device details... and it all starts working again.

Honeywell have our email addresses, why on earth don't they send out a simple communication to help people where this has happened? i.e. If this is what has happened to your system, you need to do this... sorry. They must know the update has caused problems. My guess is that many hundreds of people have probably spend thousands of hours trying to sort out a problem not of their making when the solution was available all along.

Makes me huff and puff... might need those hours later in life.
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]679[/ATTACH]
          I agree completely. Their technical support is pretty poor to be honest. Guys on here are helpful but they're doing it for free. I enquired, completed an email questionnaire about system, device and software versions a week ago and heard nowt since. Pretty shoddy customer service in my opinion. If I could roll the clock back I'd never have invested the £900 or so pounds I have. Not as clever as it should be either. HW on its own zone valve heats uncontrolled bathroom rads, any controlled rad heats uncontrolled rads, UF on seperate zone valve heats uncontrolled rads - all because CH BDR is at system level. Why three seperate zone valves with three seperate BDR's cannot call for their own heat independently is a mystery to me.

Comment

• roydonaldson
            Automated Home Guru
            • Jan 2013

Originally posted by VvrooomM View Post
            I agree completely. Their technical support is pretty poor to be honest. Guys on here are helpful but they're doing it for free. I enquired, completed an email questionnaire about system, device and software versions a week ago and heard nowt since. Pretty shoddy customer service in my opinion. If I could roll the clock back I'd never have invested the £900 or so pounds I have. Not as clever as it should be either. HW on its own zone valve heats uncontrolled bathroom rads, any controlled rad heats uncontrolled rads, UF on seperate zone valve heats uncontrolled rads - all because CH BDR is at system level. Why three seperate zone valves with three seperate BDR's cannot call for their own heat independently is a mystery to me.
            I think you can set it up like that. You don't use a Boiler Relay, but set up the zones, as zone valve controlled and it then only calls on that individual BDR.

I think it's the documentation on this and how it's setup that are the worse bit, not the functionality itself per se.

Comment

• HenGus
              Automated Home Legend
              • May 2014

FWiW, I am convinced that the update problem has affected both the original Gateway and the wifi model. My issue after the last system upgrade was a series of disconnects/re-connects by the Gateway to the Honeywell server. The day after Rameses said that he had passed on the problem to Support, the disconnections have stopped. I gave them my MAcID so I guess that they re-built the account at their end. I agree that some feedback would be appreciated.

Comment

• VvrooomM
                Automated Home Sr Member
                • Dec 2015

Originally posted by roydonaldson View Post
                I think you can set it up like that. You don't use a Boiler Relay, but set up the zones, as zone valve controlled and it then only calls on that individual BDR.

I think it's the documentation on this and how it's setup that are the worse bit, not the functionality itself per se.
                You'd have thought so but I was informed otherwise.

Comment

Working...
                X