Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evohome BDR91 to Worcester 280 Combi Boiler CONNECTIONS

Good afternoon all.

Firstly apologies for my first post being a plea for help!

I've just received my Honeywell ATP921R3100 Evohome Connected Thermostat Pack. At present that's all I have but will be adding to it when I can afford it

We have a Worcester 280 Combi boiler with no external thermostat control. Today I switched off the supply to the boiler and dropped the front panel to reveal the connection points:

And opened the BDR91 to reveal the connections:

I'd be very grateful if someone could describe or illustrate what connections I need to make?

Many thanks

John
  • top brake
    Automated Home Legend
    • Feb 2015

Hi John

The BDR91 needs a permanent L and N power supply to it.

Then you need to run a cable from the BDR91 to the Boiler. connect A and B on the BDR91 to the terminals marked ROOM STAT (currently black wire linking them) in the picture you posted of the boiler.

**DO NOT link between L and A (this will fry the boiler PCB)**

Hope this helps

I recommend getting an electrician/heating installer to carry out this work for you if you are not sure.
    Last edited by top brake; 11 February 2016, 04:24 PM.
    I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Comment

Thanks @top brake

Followed your instructions and amazing, worked first time Signal between the control unit and BDR91 is excellent

As the Evohome is setup in a shop/living premises we've not yet moved in to, I need to install the wireless gateway so I can remotely switch the heating on so it's nice and cosy when we go there

I need a bit more research to work out what I need to add next.

Thanks again

John

Comment

• top brake
        Automated Home Legend
        • Feb 2015

Originally posted by datasafe View Post
        Thanks @top brake

Followed your instructions and amazing, worked first time Signal between the control unit and BDR91 is excellent

As the Evohome is setup in a shop/living premises we've not yet moved in to, I need to install the wireless gateway so I can remotely switch the heating on so it's nice and cosy when we go there

Thanks again

John
        Good news :-)
        I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Comment

• The EVOHOME Shop
          Site Sponsor
          • Dec 2014

Originally posted by datasafe View Post
          I need to install the wireless gateway so I can remotely switch the heating on so it's nice and cosy when we go there

If you have the ATP921R3100, you don't need a 'gateway' and it will directly connect to your router with Wi-Fi.

Comment

Working...
          X