X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • top brake
    Automated Home Legend
    • Feb 2015

Adjust the setting on the ABV should cure this system noise issue. May also need to adjust the setting on the circulation pump. Can you get me some images of the ABV and pump please.
    I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Comment

• emmeesse68
      Automated Home Guru
      • Dec 2014

To add something to discuss about, one of my rads suddenly begun making an incredibly loud noise that was more like an old Harley Davidson motorbike than a gentle hiss or a gurgle.

I noticed that it was enough to remove the hr92 head and turn the black dial a bit in either direction to make it stop.

I think this is the feared "valve hammering" effect, that depends on some mistake my plumber made more than 15 years ago when he installed my rads and old manual trvs... he mistakenly pulled the ingoing pipe in a recessed corner and the return pipe in a more accessible place, thus decided to install the trv on the return side to make it accessible.

15 years later, I replaced my old manual trv whith a brand new hr92, everything was looking fine, after a few months the surprise... that loud sound woke me up in the middle of the night, when the radiator got partially close... Now the issue reappears once in a while, I just pop the hr92 off and turn the dial, then put the hr92 back on, it cycles itself and sometimes the noise comes up again (I repeat until it stops, just once I had to repeat several times).

Apart of having the valves swapped (I'd wait to do this in summer, with the heating off), are there any orher suggestions?

Thanks!
      Last edited by emmeesse68; 14 February 2016, 12:56 PM.

Comment

• top brake
        Automated Home Legend
        • Feb 2015

Fit a TRV body that can accept installation at either end of the radiator. Honeywell Valencia for example
        I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Comment

• emmeesse68
          Automated Home Guru
          • Dec 2014

Originally posted by top brake View Post
          Fit a TRV body that can accept installation at either end of the radiator. Honeywell Valencia for example
          Good idea, thanks top brake... I didn't even know such trvs existed!

Still something to be done in the summer...

Comment

Working...
          X