• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pbrain
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Feb 2016

Evohome optimisation - separate control of each zone

The older (non wifi) evohome controller allows you to turn on/off optimisation for each zone separately.

It appears the new software on the wifi version does not have this functionality, and instead you can only turn it on/off for all zones globally.

Is this correct?
  • DBMandrake
    Automated Home Legend
    • Sep 2014

It would seem to be the case. When I read about Evohome a year or so ago when the original colour model was out I could swear that the manuals said optimisation could be turned on/off per zone.

When I finally got an Evohome - a Wifi model I could not find this option anywhere, and started to wonder if I had imagined that it could be enabled/disabled per zone.

I wonder why this change was made then, as I certainly have a couple of zones (that are often used for towel drying) that I would really like to disable optimum stop for.... but no, I can only disable it for all zones.

Comment

• Pbrain
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Feb 2016

Strange. I wondered why I couldn't follow the instructions that someone was giving me for accessing the zone optimisation.

I got all excited when I read about that functionality on the forum, although a little baffled as to why I hadn't discovered it myself (I've thoroughly investigated all menus!)

Then we both realised we had different controllers and software.

Comment

• rh63
        Automated Home Lurker
        • Dec 2015

Would be great if this option would be brought back to the wifi model. I can't use adaptive heating cause it doesn't work properly with my underfloor zones but it works great with the other HR92 radiator zones.

Comment

• ste55
          Automated Home Lurker
          • Feb 2015

Have any updates to the current WiFi model brought this functionality back yet?

Comment

• DBMandrake
            Automated Home Legend
            • Sep 2014

Nope.

There’s no indication that it’s being considered either.

Comment

Working...
            X