Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Evohome woes

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by paulockenden View Post
    ONLY in multi-room mode zones. In 'normal' mode it's just the main sensor in the zone (be it a room stat or the first bound HR92) that can call for heat.

P.
    Yep, which is why I said "Multi-room zone mode"

Automated Home Legend paulockenden's Avatar

yeah, I know. I just think a lot of people get confused around this so I thought I'd labour the point!

;-)

P.

Automated Home Jr Member

Hi,

I do have a multi-room zone and I'm aware of the differences in terms of sensors etc. What I should have said was: "I've got the sensor (that reports zone temperature for that zone to the controller) for that zone in the largest, coldest room.

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by graham.gibson View Post
    Hi,

Well, I switched the heating off (via the button on the controller) overnight a couple of days ago (which I think lowers all the zones to 5 degrees) and the BRD91 stayed off all night (it took about half an hour before it went off - not sure why - but then it stayed off until I switched it on again.

What I need to try next is just lowering the temperature of all zones (maybe to something like 8 degrees) without switching the heating off to see if the BDR91 also stays off in that case.

I'll let you know how I get on.

What sort of scenarios are you seeing the BDR91 keep coming on and off?

Regards,
    Graham
    When all zones have reached their target temperature and the HR92s are fully closed the BDR91 remains on for between 10 and 40 minutes. Likewise if I select 'Heating Off' all HR92s close but the BDR91 stays on for a random time.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by theasman View Post
    When all zones have reached their target temperature and the HR92s are fully closed the BDR91 remains on for between 10 and 40 minutes. Likewise if I select 'Heating Off' all HR92s close but the BDR91 stays on for a random time.
    Mine goes off when I select Off or adjust a temperature down from where it is. It does not stay on but an immediate off.

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by G4RHL View Post
    Mine goes off when I select Off or adjust a temperature down from where it is. It does not stay on but an immediate off.
    That is what I would expect. I have changed the controller and BDR91 with no difference.

Automated Home Legend top brake's Avatar

please peruse the attached and if you still need support provide the requested information and send to the email address provided

http://www.honeywelluk.com/documents...rt_process.pdf
    I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.