• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • marshalp
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Jan 2011

Room stat and HR92

I'm in the process of installing Evohome, I'm planning HR92 stats on all Rads. Should I also install room stats (T87's) in each room?
  • paulockenden
    Automated Home Legend
    • Apr 2015

Not necessary. Only really when you have 'difficult' rooms, or where you want an easy way to adjust the zone temp.

HR92s are fine, just remember that the temp at the rad might be a few degrees out compared to the room temp, so you might need to set the target temps slightly differently.

P.

Comment

• Mavis
      Automated Home Ninja
      • Oct 2014

I would also suggest that you don't get too obsessed with the numbers. As has been said before, there are lots of factors that will affect the temperature in the room and the temp at the HR92 (near the floor) will be very different to the temp near the tv for instance. Once the novelty has worn off, resist the temptation to measure the temp in different parts of the room and instead go by how comfortable the room feels. Don't forget that the system needs time to learn.

Comment

• MichaelD
        Automated Home Guru
        • Mar 2006

We have 10 HR92/HR80s and only needed one room stat, that is in a room where the radiator is behind a large sofa, so it gets very hot behind there without heating the room much. A room stat near where we sit has fixed the problem perfectly

Comment

Working...
        X