• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Captainham
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Feb 2016

evohome CS92 binding woes

Hi folks,

New forum member here but been lurking for a while; had my evohome system for nearly 2 years now.

I've recently added the Hot Water Kit and whilst I was able to bind it all correctly (not once but twice), I subsequently realised I'd made a hash of the setup (I got confused due to my completely new system boiler install meaning I no longer needed my original BDR91 in wireless boiler relay mode).

I'm now trying to re-bind/reset the whole hot water setup (but this time with 2-port valve config to control both DHW and CH valves, with no boiler relay anymore), but I can't seem to get the CS92 into binding mode?

I know I should be able to press the button for 5 secs and it should give a solid green light with the bottom half flashing red. But all I can get is a combination of either alternating full green/full red flashing, or full green with 5 full red flashes (which repeats).

I've spoken to evohome but all I've got them from is "Hmmmm, sounds odd, doesn't sound right to us. It might be faulty or there might be something interfering with the signal". I can't see that it's faulty (I set it up fine first time round, excluding the fact I subsequently messed up the rest of the system install), and there was clearly no interference when I set it up the first time (I also had excellent signal strength on the test I did before I started the reset process).

Am I missing some sort of obvious trick to force the CS92 into binding mode?

Thanks in advance if anyone can assist!
    Last edited by Captainham; 19 February 2016, 10:41 PM. Reason: spelling
  • Captainham
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Feb 2016

Finally figured it out, easy when you know how but took me ages (and much frustration) to suss it out!

I had to pry the cover off the CS92 transceiver, and when I put the batteries back in (with the transceiver now in my hand, and not connected to the wall-mounted backplate), it gave me the correct binding signal straight away. I even got c0cky and repeated the process again, and it worked again first time.

Important point to note: to remove the transceiver from the backplate, first you remove the battery cover and batteries, then you'll see 2 clips. There are arrows indicating that you need to push these clips up, whilst also prying off the transceiver (I found it easier to use a screwdriver to push one of the clips up, whilst using another screwdriver to get in the side between front and backplates, then applying pressure to pop off the frontplate).
    Last edited by Captainham; 19 February 2016, 10:49 PM. Reason: spelling!

Comment

• top brake
      Automated Home Legend
      • Feb 2015

you should still be able to bind with the CS92 frontplate attached to the backplate, if yo cant it sounds like you might have a hardware issue
      I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Comment

• Captainham
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Feb 2016

Thanks - I'll try again without removing it and see if it plays up still.

Comment

Working...
        X