• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Greentech-hp
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Feb 2016

Evohome and Underfloor Heating

Hi all,

Got a project to do for a customer with Underfloor heating in bathroom on First floor and later main section of underfloor heating in Basement - not Ground floor. I'm looking for any advice on underfloor systems that will work with Evohome without any issues as the rest of the heating setup will be Evohome controller, HR92s on radiators, hot water kit on Worcester cylinder all located on Ground Floor. Setup is S-plan plus with Honeywell V4033 2-port valves.

Have heard that Myson and Uponor offer good manifolds, but wondered if anyone has experience of the Honeywell Evohome MT4 actuators or similar and what works well. Spoke at length to one well known UFH supplier who seemed to know little about Honeywell Evohome UF products. Any advice appreciated.

Cheers

Simon
    Greentech-hp
  • rh63
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Dec 2015

Hi Simon,

Can't tell you much about UK manifolds or boilers since I'm living in the Netherlands but in my setup I'm using underfloor heating for the groundfloor (100m2) and TRV's HR92 for the 1st and 2nd floor. The underfloor is divided in 2 zones both with a DTS92. For the underfloor actuators I use the Honeywell HCE80 with danfoss actuators which work the same as the Honeywel MT4's. So far my experience has been good (3 months now..) but there are a few thing I noticed:
    - adaptive heating and underfloor don't work, the room doesn't reach target temp on time. Disadvantage is that adaptive heating is now of for all zones (I have the latest wifi controller).
    - a lot of people advice against using the HCE80 and a opentherm boiler control, I must say it works ok for me (Nefit boiler)
    - evohome uses short heating bursts to keep the room on target temp. The motors on the underfloor are so slow that the boiler and pump are off before they fully open. A configurable time-out would have been nice.
    - don't use the evohome controller as a temp sensor. It's inaccurate and heats itself up during battery charging.

Comment

Working...
    X