• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • emmeesse68
    Automated Home Guru
    • Dec 2014

MyTotalConnectComfort outage today?

Hi folks,

today I'm receiving several e.mail messages from mytotalconnectcomfort@alarmnet.com that indicate loss and recovery of the system connection.

My system is not undergoing internet outage nor any other lack of connectivity. After I received the first loss of connectivity notice, I could successfully log in to my systems. Looks like a problem on Honeywell's side to me... any other experiencing these issues?

cheers

m
  • G4RHL
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jan 2015

No problems at all. All working fine.

Comment

• Pbrain
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Feb 2016

No alerts today, although I did have a short outage on 21st Feb.

Comment

• peterf
        Automated Home Guru
        • Jan 2015

I seem to have an outage today.

The controller reports the system working as usual with rooms coming on due to schedule and optimisation. Both iOS and Android apps aren't updating. I've restarted the gateway.

No error messages and all lights on the gateway are green.

Anyone else?

Comment

• Redknag
          Automated Home Lurker
          • Mar 2016

Mine app not working either. 3 green lights though?

Comment

• Mavis
            Automated Home Ninja
            • Oct 2014

My app appears to be working as it should (it is 8.30am)

Comment

• peterf
              Automated Home Guru
              • Jan 2015

Yep, it's back on now. Email message saying it's restored was received at 08:59am

Comment

• Pbrain
                Automated Home Jr Member
                • Feb 2016

My outages (as recorded by the alert emails - I'm unlikely to notice otherwise) this month are as follows:
                3rd: 12.21-12.26
                16th: 16.57-16.59
                21st: 08.16-08.21
                22nd: 17.06-17.11
                23rd: 06.58 - 08.52 (unacceptable!!)

I don't always check whether my internet has disconnected, so don't know whether these are Honeywell server issues or Virgin issues.

Comment

• G4RHL
                  Automated Home Legend
                  • Jan 2015

I am having no problems with outages and have not had any this year other than when there was a power failure.

Comment

• Mavis
                    Automated Home Ninja
                    • Oct 2014

Originally posted by G4RHL View Post
                    I am having no problems with outages and have not had any this year other than when there was a power failure.
                    I haven't had anything either. Just checked my settings and I have them set to:

Lost comms with gateway or thermostat - 1 hour
                    Lost comms with Evo controller - immediately
                    Failed system and thermostat change - immediately

Comment

• HenGus
                      Automated Home Legend
                      • May 2014

FWiW, I have had outages in the past. A comment from Honeywell made me look at the problem from a different perspective as I had long thought that the problem was a loss of contact between the Gateway and the Honeywell server. To cut a long story short, I now believe that the issue is down to co-channel interference between, in my case, an automatic wifi channel changing router and a SONOS speaker mesh. After a discussion with SONOS about transmission breaks, I re-configured my SONOS system to use my domestic wifi. I confess that it had passed me by that if any SONOS speaker is wired, then a mesh is established. I was offered two solutions: a. turn out the automatic channel change on the router and put the mesh and home wifi on spare channels 5 channels apart or, b. disconnect the wired speaker and all speakers will default to the home broadband. I went for B. The speaker interruptions stopped and so did the outage messages.

It is interesting to note that some Sky Q customers who use the Sky hub are also experience drop outs. The hub establishes a mesh between all the Q boxes.

Comment

• G4RHL
                        Automated Home Legend
                        • Jan 2015

To add my pennyworth to this I have a BT Home Hub 5 which has wifi on 2.5ghz and 5ghz. If you accept its default settings then it automatically chops and changes between them. In the early days I had many problems not being able to access from devices of all types. Reconfiguring it so that it has two separate wifi settings, and you as the user select which you want, cured the problems.

Comment

Working...
                        X