Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Radiator balancing problems

Automated Home Sr Member

Securitybyte

Can I just ask how old the CH system is. Could your rads need flushing if they are quite a few years old. Have they got sludge in them and when the LSV's are almost shutdown is this restricting the flow somehow.

Ian K.

Automated Home Jr Member

Hi Ian

I had the whole system (new boiler and rads) installed about 8 months ago. They're all hot on the bottom so I'm hoping there's nothing lurking in them :S

Good thinking though..

Thanks

Automated Home Jr Member

Hi

Just an update.

I called the helpful Worcester technical support line this morning.

I said about it switching off with error 349 when a cold radiator is switched on, and the fact that it doesn't seem to modulate low enough when only 3-4 radiators are switched on, resulting in status 204.

She said it sounds like I need a Low Loss Header? Does anyone have any experience of these?

I also asked about the integrated automatic bypass. She said it is very small and that I should have an additional one installed.

Does this mean my system was installed wrongly?

None of the old radiators had TRVs - I had a new boiler, new radiators / LSVs / and TRVs fitted to all radiators, and the Evohome installed, in one job. Should my installer have fitted an ABV when it was all installed? Is that not a regulation?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Securitybyte; 5th March 2016 at 01:51 PM.