Evohome - 2 HR92's and 1 DT92 in one zone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • garmcqui
    Automated Home Guru
    • Jan 2015

Evohome - 2 HR92's and 1 DT92 in one zone?

My kitchen has two radiators, both have been controlled by HR92's up to now but one is in direct sunlight so gives an artificially high reading, the other is situated in a bad draught (old house) as its in a small corridor, so constantly gives an artificially low reading. So the kitchen temperature is never anywhere near right.

When I bind the DT92 as the sensor, it seems like it will only let me bind one radiator as an actuator - there's no option to add a further actuator - is this correct?

Is there any way to have a DT92 (or Y87RF) as a sensor and have two HR92's as actuators in one zone?

Thanks
  • DBMandrake
    Automated Home Legend
    • Sep 2014

Yes, you can have a DT92 and two HR92's in the same zone no problem.

First make sure your zone is in "single room" mode. If it is not then the HR92's would have each been measuring their own temperature locally rather that using one HR92 as the master temperature sensor for the zone.

When binding a zone from scratch first bind the device that is going to be the temperature sensor in this case the DT92, then you will be prompted for any additional "actuator" devices to bind - bind your HR92's one at a time when prompted.

By the way if you already had both your HR92's bound to the zone in single room mode all you needed to do to add the DT92 was to press the option to choose the sensor - choose remote, then bind to the DT92. This will leave the HR92's bound as actuators (to control the valves) but will transfer temperature sensing responsibility to the DT92.
    Last edited by DBMandrake; 25 February 2016, 11:34 AM.

Comment

• theasman
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Nov 2015

I also found the controller only gives you the option to add one actuator when using the Y87RF as a sensor. I had to then add the second HR92 in the Zone Configuration menu.

Comment

• DBMandrake
        Automated Home Legend
        • Sep 2014

Forgot to say that I was referring to going via zone configuration or add zone, not using the wizard.

Comment

• top brake
          Automated Home Legend
          • Feb 2015

edit zone configuration and add actuator to your existing zone

next time when binding you can put more than one actuator into BINDING to be paired to evohome
          I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Comment

• ukEvo
            Automated Home Jr Member
            • Jan 2019

I've tried following this link which is similar to the last answer posted above, however, it always fails at the last step as when both HR92's are in binding mode it's case of 'fail' messages all round.

Do I understand correctly then, that I can bind the two HR92's one a time and still achieve the same result?
            ukEvo 'cos I'm an Evans.

Comment

• DBMandrake
              Automated Home Legend
              • Sep 2014

You can’t put two devices in binding mode at the same time. That will not work. If you are adding multiple HR92’s to a zone you add them one at a time.

Bind the one you want as temperature sensor first and then when prompted for additional actuators that’s when you bind the next HR92. Repeat binding additional actuators for each additional HR92 in the zone beyond the first one.
              Last edited by DBMandrake; 4 February 2019, 08:11 PM.

Comment

• ukEvo
                Automated Home Jr Member
                • Jan 2019

Originally posted by DBMandrake View Post
                You can’t put two devices in binding mode at the same time. That will not work.

Thank you for the reply. So, there is some misinformation on the Honeywell support site that I linked to? TBH, I've had more success with snippets of info from this forum than from the 'official' site!
                ukEvo 'cos I'm an Evans.

Comment

Working...
                X