• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 3785red
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Feb 2016

new evohome off ebay

I am new to the forum so hi from me,
    I got a v3 evohome off ebay new in box and after fitting the system i have a problem with overshoot temp allthough small plus the android app keeps locking out the phone.Anyway my post is just to tell anyone thinking of buying off ebay you will have no warranty at all. this was confirmed by richard at evohome and honeywell tech allthough honeywell did say and they are going to try and help to sort problem but if it needs any part then i will have to pay for it.
  • The EVOHOME Shop
    Site Sponsor
    • Dec 2014

The sad lesson learn't here is if you buy anything off a private seller on eBay, the items you buy are sold as seen/second hand and as you are not the original purchaser of the item you have no contract with the original merchant where the item was purchased from. We sell some items on eBay, but our warranty terms are the same as if you buy in our online shop.

Comment

• 3785red
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Feb 2016

Originally posted by The EVOHOME Shop View Post
      The sad lesson learn't here is if you buy anything off a private seller on eBay, the items you buy are sold as seen/second hand and as you are not the original purchaser of the item you have no contract with the original merchant where the item was purchased from. We sell some items on eBay, but our warranty terms are the same as if you buy in our online shop.
      You are right with honeywell and others but not all, an example is honeywell and panasonic i know will not want to know at all if you have not got item from authorized merchant but some do example is samsung galaxy tab they will honor there warranty no matter how many users have had the item with or without receipt they go from build date of item and so will lenovo. so if buying anything check the terms of warranty first then pick where to buy from. it is a lesson i have learned.
      Last edited by 3785red; 26 February 2016, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X