Thread: Which TRVs to fit for Evohome?

Automated Home Jr Member

Default Which TRVs to fit for Evohome?

Good morning all,

I recently fitted the Honeywell ATP921R3100 Evohome Connected Thermostat Pack - just the two components, the Controller and boiler Wireless Relay. I plan on adding to the system as and when I can afford the parts Everything is working great.

Some of the existing TRVs on our radiators need replacing as they don't seem to work - I'f I turn them off, the radiator remains hot! I suspect the TRV is not closing. Some of the TRVs are quite old and over the years have become covered in paint and even plaster!

My question:

Which TRVs should I buy that will work with the HR92 EVOHOME WIRELESS RADIATOR THERMOSTAT VALVES or are the HR92 valves, therefore TRVs not required?

Thank you.

John

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by datasafe View Post

My question:
    Which TRVs should I buy that will work with the HR92 EVOHOME WIRELESS RADIATOR THERMOSTAT VALVES or are the HR92 valves, therefore TRVs not required?

Thank you.

John
    The HR92's are not the valves themselves, just a motorised actuator that presses on to the pin within the valve body.

The HR92's come with a plastic adapter to enable them to fit onto valves that were originally a Danfoss RA fitting, or will fit directly onto the 30x1.5mm thread of TRV's that already have the metal 30x1.5mm thread.

I found the cheapest Screwfix TRV set happened to have the 30x1.5mm metal valve type by pure luck & coincidence. I think you can buy just the TRV valve body from plumbing suppliers but the SF kit even included the lockshield valves for less than £10

Hope this is helpful ?

Automated Home Jr Member

Thanks very much for the detailed reply

I'll keep the details you provided for future reference.

Thanks again and have a great weekend.

Regards

John

Automated Home Jr Member

Thanks very much for the detailed reply

I'll keep the details you provided for future reference.

Thanks again and have a great weekend.

Regards

John
    My pleasure John,

Regards
    Jack

Which TRVs should I buy that will work with the HR92
    As a Honeywell product, these are the best - https://theevohomeshop.co.uk/radiato...mm-angled.html

Automated Home Guru

Quote Originally Posted by The EVOHOME Shop View Post
    As a Honeywell product, these are the best - https://theevohomeshop.co.uk/radiato...mm-angled.html
    I replaced all my TRVs with these, and am very happy with the result. If you are going to replace the TRVs (which is a lot of effort), you may as well replace them with the Honeywell ones as they are the most likely to succeed with the HR92.

Automated Home Lurker

Sorry to drag this one up but a search didn't find anything more relevant.

What valves are most recommended these days for fitting HR92s to? I've seen Mandrakes thread on possible 'issues' with performance of the Valencias so worth asking the question before spending my cash.
    Whilst we're carrying out a large renovation, I might as well get something long lasting and high quality!

Thanks.