• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FrankMcAlinden
    Automated Home Guru
    • Feb 2004

Re: I need help!

Hi Martin
    Please do keep us posted on your progress with some pics ;-))
    Is your new house part of the smart house project in Adelaide ??

Frank (melbourne)
    PS ....Install plenty of cat5
    Home of FirM - the Multi Zone IR Transport System
    http://www.armaghelectrical.com.au/index.html

Comment

• Ross
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Apr 2004

Howdi Martin,
      Who's your systems integrator in Adelaide?
      Show us some piccys if you get time that is.
      Cheers
      Austalian Integrators Forum
      http://www.integrate-oz.net/forum/index.php
      http://www.cbussales.com/index.php

Comment

• Ric
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Apr 2004

I'm sure that I'm not the only one that would be interested in eeing your C-BUS project. The more pics the better!

I would be particularly interested in pics of central nodes where all your dimmers, etc. are.

I will hopefully be starting first fit electrics in the next couple of weeks. It's difficult to say since my project is an extension rather than a new build.

@mhread - I intend to use the E2000 switches since I can't really justify spending more than £55 on a light switch. Check out www.cbus-shop.com for Brit pricing.
        Ric Charlton

always trying but not always successful

Comment

• mhread
          Automated Home Lurker
          • Jun 2004

Thanks for all the interest guys - and I will go out armed with the digi camera at the weekend.

Ross - my systems integrator is a company called Tech-know House - who are fairly small, but do most of the large south Australian projects. The Owner is an excellent chap called Zelco. He has just finished a cbus system with 103 inputs, even though the theoretical maximum is 100. As for pics, I need to be clear with you guys what to expect.

At the moment I have a wood frame and nothing else in the house. Windows are going in this week (bolted to the wooden frame) and roof tiles put on. We have already run all of the power, and most of the light cable, except for the loops. (The house will have virtually exclusively 12v down lights, so there are plenty of loops to put in this weekend).

Zelco and his team will put in the pre-wire for the Cbus over the next week or two. Then we will have mostly bunches of wires. We are putting in two separate cabinets to house c-bus dimmers and relays (each with 48 slots that’s a lot right?), home minder and star serve, and we have our own comms box for the voice and data. When these go in, this is what you guys want to see right? The dimmers, relays and the electronic “bits”? The termination of the 240v and the cat5? And all of the boxes? I would think that Zelco would not put the boxes up until lockup stage (after brick work has been completed) which may be weeks yet. I will get more technical and timing details for you - I am not an electrician, just the lucky end user.

Ric - 55 quid? Sounds cheap to me, lol. – An 8 gang neo switch retails for about $245, although if you know someone who can get trade price, they are about $145.

Frank – yes – every house built in Mawson Lakes is part of the smart house project. Most houses aren’t smart, as the encumbrances are mostly around putting in a home management system, and pre-wiring only. Most people on the estate have not taken advantage of these systems, and the builders are not much help. That’s why we outsourced all of the electrical work, so we had complete control.

Ric – if you get the E2000, wait a while – blue LED versions have just been released here and are only a few dollars more each. They look much more attractive then the red LED version, and if you mix E2000 and Neo or Saturn, they fir better overall as they all have blue LED.

Thanks for the link – I saw that on the site after I posted and paid it a visit – there is nothing like that in Australia – maybe I should have a chat to Zelco. ;-)

See you later guys – feels like home at the moment – winter – only 15deg and raining.

Martin
          I may arrive late every morning
          But I make up for it by leaving early.

Comment

Working...
          X