X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chestnut 2000
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Feb 2016

Your TalkTalk Router isn't a recent HG635 is it ?

I found a thread on the TalkTalk Forum that suggests that the Latest HG635's with 2.4 & 5Ghz no longer broadcast their SSID on the 2.4Ghz output.

SSID is the 'name' of your broadband & its what the EvoHome is searching for to connect to.

If you know the 'name' or SSID you can enter it in the 'other' section of the EvoHome Wireless menu together with the password & it should then connect.

The Software Version of all zeros is a little troubling however, it could be a red herring.

Comment

• DBMandrake
      Automated Home Legend
      • Sep 2014

A good way to test if the issue is the router or Evohome controller would be to enable Wifi Hotspot on a mobile phone! It's very unlikely that hotspot mode on a phone won't support 2.4Ghz - if the Evohome sees that then you know its the router, if it doesn't see it there's a good chance the problem is the Evohome controller...

Or even another approach - carry the unit to a neighbour who has wifi! As long as the battery is well charged wifi will be enabled. It doesn't turn off wifi to conserve power consumption until the battery gets down to the point where the warning to put it back on the dock appears on the screen.

Comment

• datasafe
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Feb 2016

Thanks for the info.

I can confirm the TalkTalk router is broadcasting its SSID - I can see it on my mobile and my laptop. I also have a 2nd AP on 2.4Ghz and this too is broadcasting its SSID.

I've tried entering the connection details by choosing 'Other' without success. I've also taken the fully charged controller to another location with WiFi operating and the controller fails to 'see' it! I've not tried the WiFi hotspot on my mobile yet but I'm not hopeful based on my experience to date.

I've emailed Honeywell Support and maybe they can help. If only there was some way of installing the WiFi software other than with an established internet connection.

Thanks once more.

John

Comment

Working...
        X