• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FullBore
    Automated Home Guru
    • Jan 2016

Evohome HR92 Radiator Controller in bright sunlight

I installed an Evohome system last autumn, and am delighted with it, and the support received from Richard at https://theevohomeshop.co.uk.

As summer approaches I am having problems with the HR92 in one zone as it is in direct sunlight and thus gives an artificially high reading.

Is the answer to install a Single Zone Thermostat Y87RF2024 in a part of the room which does not have direct sunlight?

If so how do I bind both the Honeywell Single Zone Thermostat Y87RF2024 & the HR92?

Is there an alternative solution, for instance moving the TRV from the "sunny" end of the radiator to the "shady" end?

FB
    (A complete novice !)
  • top brake
    Automated Home Legend
    • Feb 2015

Yes the Single Zone Round or DTS92E is available as a room sensor to work with the Radiator zone with HR92 as the actuator

When you create the zone using ADD ZONE you bind in the sensor (left hand touch button and CO if Single Zone Round)
    then pair the HR92 as actuator following the screen prompts and referring to the installation guide.
    I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Comment

• The EVOHOME Shop
      Site Sponsor
      • Dec 2014

Originally posted by FullBore View Post
      I installed an Evohome system last autumn, and am delighted with it, and the support received from Richard at https://theevohomeshop.co.uk.
      Great to hear!

Comment

• FullBore
        Automated Home Guru
        • Jan 2016

With regard to the Single Zone Round & DTS92E:-

Are they identical in function?

Is there a benefit in installing one rather than the other.

Thanks in advance.

FB.

Comment

• paulockenden
          Automated Home Legend
          • Apr 2015

The round one looks nicer, and is slightly easier to adjust.

The square one has the added benefit of having a table mount as well as wall (the round is wall only), and it also has an 'eco' button. This has nothing to do with the Eco quick action. I allows you to set a different temperature (could be higher rather than lower) for a defined period of time.

So the square one is much more flexible while the round one looks nicer.

Comment

Working...
          X