Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Evohome + Opentherm v Evohome + Boiler Outside Weather Compensation

Automated Home Guru

Quote Originally Posted by paulockenden View Post
    From the screenshot that pixelbob posted.

Automated Home Guru

Quote Originally Posted by top brake View Post
    this is in the screen saver, means that the set points are low temp range
    Ah! Thanks.

Automated Home Lurker

yeh i took that picture late on. everything was turning off. blue is a setpoint <= 15

Automated Home Lurker

Has anyone had any experience with UK Vaillant boilers installed with a VR33 with regards to warrenty claims on the rest of the boiler?
    I ask as its been mentioned elsewhere that installing a VR33 in the UK would void the warrenty.

Quote Originally Posted by pixxelbob View Post
    Has anyone had any experience with UK Vaillant boilers installed with a VR33 with regards to warrenty claims on the rest of the boiler?
    I ask as its been mentioned elsewhere that installing a VR33 in the UK would void the warrenty.
    There is every possibility this may happen if Vaillant UK have not OK'd its use and want to get out of warranty...

Automated Home Legend top brake's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The EVOHOME Shop View Post
    There is every possibility this may happen if Vaillant UK have not OK'd its use and want to get out of warranty...
    I have been told this by someone that works at Vaillant, I would enjoy having a day at the small claims court hearing their reasons for declining a warranty claim
    I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Quote Originally Posted by top brake View Post
    I have been told this by someone that works at Vaillant, I would enjoy having a day at the small claims court hearing their reasons for declining a warranty claim
    I think you and I both know they would fold rather than go to the hassle of this.

Automated Home Lurker

hmm. Although not sure if id want to take the risk. Maybe I'll stick to using the BDR91

Automated Home Legend paulockenden's Avatar

Depends how the vote goes in June, I guess. But as long as we remain in the EU then fitting a part imported from the Netherlands really shouldn't affect a warranty claim, and like Top Brake says it would be an interesting day in court if they decided to refuse a claim.

Automated Home Legend top brake's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by paulockenden View Post
    Depends how the vote goes in June, I guess. But as long as we remain in the EU then fitting a part imported from the Netherlands really shouldn't affect a warranty claim, and like Top Brake says it would be an interesting day in court if they decided to refuse a claim.
    I have been modifying my cars all my life and they are a lot more complex and expensive than a gas boiler. I guess it all depends on your attitude to risk. To be honest there is not a lot to go wrong on a modern boiler and by running it modulating rather than on off it will be more reliable too.
    I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.