Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Evohome + Opentherm v Evohome + Boiler Outside Weather Compensation

Automated Home Jr Member

Where have you guys bought the VR33 from online, there are few options and just wondered where other people were getting them from.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by nelly_79 View Post
    Where have you guys bought the VR33 from online, there are few options and just wondered where other people were getting them from.
    https://wifithermostaten.nl/vaillant...dule-vr33.html and they took Paypal, so I was happy to take the risk. It arrived in 3 days.

Automated Home Jr Member

Thanks for that

Automated Home Sr Member

Quote Originally Posted by paulockenden View Post
    You know in another thread I mentioned my missus struggles to understand Evohome? Well the clowns who installed my system weren't that far behind.

Double bound BDR91s, mounted next to each other, one of my downstairs rads bound to an upstairs bedroom, etc. etc.

I'm sure there are lots of good installers out there, though. Perhaps some even lurking here and reading this? You'd like to think so, wouldn't you?

P.
    I've not seen evidence of any installers on here. we have the honeywell chaps, but no installers. and based on reading most people's stories, not convinced who/where these good ones are?

perhaps this collection of IT geek / pale green / optimal WAF / comfort seeking / early adopter folks should form a partnership ? sub the basic plumbing/gas to standard installers, and we do the hard bit ? not sure where the business case would be though. maybe honeywell can pay us

Automated Home Legend paulockenden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sandyman View Post
    maybe honeywell can pay us
    Not until they've paid my company to create a new shiny Web client for Evohome!

P.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by paulockenden View Post
    Not until they've paid my company to create a new shiny Web client for Evohome!

P.
    New web client ? They have to write any web client before they can write a new one...

I still can't believe there is no official web client yet or graphing available. Doing a major reorganisation of room schedules (especially doing comparisons or copy/paste between rooms) would be so much easier on a nice web client... Backup and restore of schedules "to the cloud" would also be nice, for example restoring different saved profiles...

So much could be done, so much potential is going to waste at the moment...
    Last edited by DBMandrake; 17th November 2016 at 02:17 PM.

Automated Home Jr Member

How quickly did people's system adapt to opentherm?
    Mine has been running for a few days now and hasn't improved control and it's not as good as when I was using the BDR91 at the moment.
    Not sure if to let it do it's thing or try and reset so it can re-learn.

Automated Home Legend

What's happening? Are the boiler temperatures too high or too low?

Automated Home Sr Member

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_miranda View Post
    What's happening? Are the boiler temperatures too high or too low?
    I have just been told this by Ideal boilers - so wonder if similar is happening on other manufacturers boilers/controls:

I have just spoken with Ideal boilers technical support who are now speaking with honeywell about the t6. They said that once this is sorted the minimum the boiler will modulate down to opentherm is 45C as that's what the firmware in the pcb tells it to do. The wording in his email to me says:

"The minimum set point was 45 degrees on the boiler due to the fact that the pump ran on for too long where some OpenTherm room controls had no parameter to limit the pump overrun time. I know this is being looked into and addressed and is something that is being discussed with Honeywell. My colleague has been discussing it with me today via email so I know that something is being done about it."

He said there are new boards being produced that will allow full opentherm control back down to 30C so full modulating levels. He said if Honeywell confirm this isn't a limitation in the lyrics software they will replace the board under warranty for me. I don't see why honeywell would limit the min flow temp?

Automated Home Legend

If you look up another thread of mine, you'll see that I have recorded a whole range of OT requested temperatures. But in my set up the low temperatures are not used a lot. Having said that the OT bridge used 34C for about an hour today. See graph attached of the OT temperature and the Boiler's flow (max set to 70C)

chart.jpg
    Last edited by bruce_miranda; 12th December 2016 at 01:39 PM.