Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: new version of TCC app out today

Automated Home Jr Member

Think I might stick with the existing app, as I'm not going to use the security system, so the other changes seem detrimental, on balance.

Automated Home Jr Member

I'm really not sure about the new schedule view. The vertical format with all the times and temperatures one above the other is much harder to make sense of, plus I can't now see the whole schedule on the screen of my phone in one go.

Automated Home Guru

Have an "error 103" and app refuses to load on my Android phone. Can't make any sense of how to correct it.

Automated Home Sr Member

It loaded Ok for me on both iPod Touch 6 and a Nexus 7.

I'm obviously in the minority here but I like the access to the Quick Actions on the home screen and I feel the standardisation of an "x" to back out of a screen removes the ambiguity of the "cancel" in the old app.

I haven't done any timings on the speed of the app but I'd say it feels more responsive.

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by chrisgare View Post
    Have an "error 103" and app refuses to load on my Android phone. Can't make any sense of how to correct it.
    Just wondered if anyone else had found a solution to the Play Store Error 103 when attempting to update the previous version of the TCC App ?

Automated Home Sr Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chestnut 2000 View Post
    Just wondered if anyone else had found a solution to the Play Store Error 103 when attempting to update the previous version of the TCC App ?
    What phone and version of android? That error is usually when they sign an app with a later jdk than what is on the phone.

Automated Home Jr Member

Just to add my sentiment, I am also pretty disappointed in the new APP. After a few days of using it, I find myself frustrated in using it. The swipe the screen to set the temperature is just arbitrary. Half the time the temp appears under the thumb I am using to set the temp & just very fiddly when I want a set an exact temp & not just something near-ish said temp.

Seems like an awful lot of change for the sake of change.

Is there a way to downgrade to the old app?

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by PaulB View Post
    What phone and version of android? That error is usually when they sign an app with a later jdk than what is on the phone.
    Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 running Anfroid 4.1.2

It ran quite happily with the TCC version 3.2.0

Will probably stick with that.

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by Andehh View Post
    Just to add my sentiment, I am also pretty disappointed in the new APP. After a few days of using it, I find myself frustrated in using it. The swipe the screen to set the temperature is just arbitrary. Half the time the temp appears under the thumb I am using to set the temp & just very fiddly when I want a set an exact temp & not just something near-ish said temp.

You'd need to install the previous APK using some form of APK installer such as MobileGo

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Andehh View Post

I find I don't have to swipe the screen, just touch it at the top and temperature setting goes up, touch at the bottom and it goes down. Seems a logical approach to me. I did post saying the new app was slower but should have reported back in to say that appears to be only initial teething troubles. Speed is reasonable now. Not super fast but it is accessing info from elsewhere to update itself. As I have reported elsewhere though, it does not recognise where I live again.