• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rameses
    Industry Expert
    • Nov 2014

new version of TCC app out today

This is a quick notification that we have updated the TCC app. The main change is that the interface now supports the forthcoming evohome security system.

There are also changes to the UI and other improvements

- Turn on/off email notification about the systems connectivity status
    - View and set indoor temperature
    - View and edit the time period program
    - Control over evohome security solution
    o Arm/disarm/partial arm
    o Camera shots & triggering
    o Alarm notification
    o Activity feed
    o Alarm/heating interaction

Some more information can be found at getconnect.honeywell.com.

An email is also being sent to all users.
    getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own
  • Mavis
    Automated Home Ninja
    • Oct 2014

Just updated both my iPad and iPhone with no problems (didn't have to log in again).

I am undecided whether I like or dislike the new way to change the temp for a zone. (Dislike is probably too strong a word but it is definitely different.)

The room day schedule is not as clear with it all listed in one column.
    Last edited by Mavis; 11 March 2016, 01:45 PM. Reason: Additional observation.

Comment

• paulockenden
      Automated Home Legend
      • Apr 2015

I agree. I don't think it's obvious that after setting a new temp you need to press one of the two icons at the bottom of the screen. And no warning is you just back out of the screen.

Quite poor UX, although I suspect someone thought they were being clever.

P.

Comment

• PaulB
        Automated Home Sr Member
        • Sep 2015

I agree with others, I feel the UI is a step backwards. It's not clear enough & the scheduler is less intuitive and just feels like something a very early beta would be like.

Comment

• roydonaldson
          Automated Home Guru
          • Jan 2013

Any news on what the evohome security system will be, of when it will be available ?

Comment

• HenGus
            Automated Home Legend
            • May 2014

Cream crackered my 4S; would not delete so I had to do a full re-set. Weather info seemed to disappear for a time. Too early to tell whether it is an improvement or not IMHO.

Comment

• PaulB
              Automated Home Sr Member
              • Sep 2015

I'm just updating my phone to Android N, so will be interesting to see if it still works

Well it appears to work. There is a warning launching the app about missing libraries:

But other than that, it seems to work... in the odd way the new app does...
              Last edited by PaulB; 11 March 2016, 04:54 PM.

Comment

• DBMandrake
                Automated Home Legend
                • Sep 2014

I do like sliding up and down the screen to adjust the temperature but in every other way the app feels more clunky and quite frankly looks uglier.

The quick actions menu is incredibly confusing for example - to cancel the quick action for "Off" you are presented with a screen with that has the choices "Permanent", "cancel" and you also have a X, which to most people would also mean cancel.

Except that despite looking like a button, "Permanent" is not a button and not something you can press.

It is not at all obvious that you must press the big red cancel button to cancel the off quick action to turn the heating on or that the X which would also seem to be a cancel actually aborts the attempt to turn the heating back on.

The old version of the app had this same confusing AI approach for the quick actions (more than once my girlfriend has exclaimed her frustration at how to "turn the heating on" she must choose the off quick action and "cancel" it) but somehow the new styling of the App makes this more confusing.

I also find the new schedule summary for each zone with the full width coloured blocks ugly and jarring compared to the nicely formatted schedule on the old app.

The old app UI was over engineered and tried to be too clever, the new one is just plain ugly and more confusing, instead of streamlining and simplifying the interface.

Big thumbs down from me on the new app I'm afraid.
                Last edited by DBMandrake; 11 March 2016, 04:35 PM.

Comment

• Chestnut 2000
                  Automated Home Jr Member
                  • Feb 2016

Managed to update on a Google Nexus 7 but when I tried on the Galaxy S2 it failed to update with an error 103 ?

A quick google says something about App Certificates but it makes little sense to me what that is trying to say. Version 3.2.0 works ok on the S2 ??

Comment

• G4RHL
                    Automated Home Legend
                    • Jan 2015

If you look at what is said about the new app in Apple's App Store it says it has a "faster quicker action and changing functions". Err, it's slower!

Comment

• IvanOpinion
                      Automated Home Jr Member
                      • Dec 2015

Think I might stick with the existing app, as I'm not going to use the security system, so the other changes seem detrimental, on balance.

Comment

• StuartG
                        Automated Home Jr Member
                        • Mar 2015

I'm really not sure about the new schedule view. The vertical format with all the times and temperatures one above the other is much harder to make sense of, plus I can't now see the whole schedule on the screen of my phone in one go.

Comment

• chrisgare
                          Automated Home Guru
                          • Dec 2013

Have an "error 103" and app refuses to load on my Android phone. Can't make any sense of how to correct it.

Comment

• peterf
                            Automated Home Guru
                            • Jan 2015

It loaded Ok for me on both iPod Touch 6 and a Nexus 7.

I'm obviously in the minority here but I like the access to the Quick Actions on the home screen and I feel the standardisation of an "x" to back out of a screen removes the ambiguity of the "cancel" in the old app.

I haven't done any timings on the speed of the app but I'd say it feels more responsive.

Comment

• Chestnut 2000
                              Automated Home Jr Member
                              • Feb 2016

Originally posted by chrisgare View Post
                              Have an "error 103" and app refuses to load on my Android phone. Can't make any sense of how to correct it.
                              Just wondered if anyone else had found a solution to the Play Store Error 103 when attempting to update the previous version of the TCC App ?

Comment

Working...
                              X