• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • roydonaldson
    Automated Home Guru
    • Jan 2013

EvoHome Security system ?

With the release of the new EvoHome app, the release notes state that it will include support for the LeSucre and EvoHome Security system. I can see the LeSucre system (I've looked at it before and was not terribly impressed if I remember), but I've not heard anything of the new EvoHome security system. Has anyone any information on this, or when we will find out ?

Thanks,

Roy.
  • top brake
    Automated Home Legend
    • Feb 2015

Originally posted by roydonaldson View Post
    With the release of the new EvoHome app, the release notes state that it will include support for the LeSucre and EvoHome Security system. I can see the LeSucre system (I've looked at it before and was not terribly impressed if I remember), but I've not heard anything of the new EvoHome security system. Has anyone any information on this, or when we will find out ?

Thanks,

Roy.
    Hi Roy

There is some teaser information on http://www.getconnected.honeywell.com/en/evohome-security-uk
    I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Comment

• The EVOHOME Shop
      Site Sponsor
      • Dec 2014

evohome Security is now available for pre-order - https://theevohomeshop.co.uk/39-hone...ohome-security

Comment

• wg100
        Automated Home Lurker
        • Jan 2015

Can somebody confirm how the GPRS connected alarm hub works? Is the GPRS card provided? Does it need topping up as per a Pay-As-You go type SIM card?

Comment

• Hatch
          Automated Home Lurker
          • Jun 2015

The GPRS enabled hub comes with a SIM card that is valid for a period of 2 years. It is a special type of SIM card that cannot be used in a normal mobile phone, it is suited for data connection only. (Machine 2 Machine). No need to top up but after the two years you need to renew or get a new card. No idea yet how that will work out in the future but I'm sure something will be offered one way or the other.

The SIM card is only there for the connection with the cloud service. If the Ethernet connection is down then GPRS will be used.
          It is not for the SMS notifications, for that an SMS code is included that needs to be activated on the TCC webportal.
          Last edited by Hatch; 2 January 2017, 08:53 AM.

Comment

• paulockenden
            Automated Home Legend
            • Apr 2015

Any idea which mobile network it uses?

Comment

Working...
            X