Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Evohome Fault Logs showing up frequently

Automated Home Jr Member

Default Evohome Fault Logs showing up frequently

Any idea of what is happening amd causes of following fault logs which started like this in Feb 2016?

untitled-00469.jpg
    and
    untitled-00470.jpg

Is it something to do with IP link to Total Connect Comfort that I need no worry about, or some local issues to be addressed?
    Assoc IHVE; Matthew Hall Satchwell MW Kellogg CompAir; posts are personal and my own view

Have you checked the batteries? When my batteries are on the way out I get 2 fault errors and then 2 restore errors for the affected HR92. It can go on for a few months before eventually if the batteries aren't changed, the whole system may crash.

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mavis View Post
    Have you checked the batteries? When my batteries are on the way out I get 2 fault errors and then 2 restore errors for the affected HR92. It can go on for a few months before eventually if the batteries aren't changed, the whole system may crash.
    I checked voltages before posting Logs: Wall Charger Bracket was supplying 4.2 v on the slider contacts, Evohome rechargeable cells were both at 1.29 v (no load basis). Since the rechargeables are stamped 1.2v. I presume there is no reason to replace chargeable cells or make a warranty claim. Perhaps Honeywell would comment on adequacy of 1.29 volts on the rechargeables ?!
    Assoc IHVE; Matthew Hall Satchwell MW Kellogg CompAir; posts are personal and my own view

Automated Home Legend top brake's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midori View Post
    Any idea of what is happening amd causes of following fault logs which started like this in Feb 2016?

untitled-00469.jpg
    and
    untitled-00470.jpg

Is it something to do with IP link to Total Connect Comfort that I need no worry about, or some local issues to be addressed?
    This is intermittent loss of communications between evohome and devices in the home. Check for signal strength and sources of interference. If issues continue please contact your installer or Honeywell support

Automated Home Legend

I checked voltages before posting Logs: Wall Charger Bracket was supplying 4.2 v on the slider contacts, Evohome rechargeable cells were both at 1.29 v (no load basis). Since the rechargeables are stamped 1.2v. I presume there is no reason to replace chargeable cells or make a warranty claim. Perhaps Honeywell would comment on adequacy of 1.29 volts on the rechargeables ?!
    I think Mavis is referring to the batteries in the HR92's and/or wall stats, not the controller itself. The controller batteries would only cause an issue while the unit was off the charger.

Have you been around all the devices mentioned by the fault log and checked their battery status ?

NiMH cells have a lower voltage than typical non-rechargeables like Alkaline or Lithium. 1.29v is fine.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nickel...ydride_battery

A fully charged cell supplies an average 1.25 V/cell during discharge, declining to about 1.0–1.1 V/cell (further discharge may cause permanent damage in the case of multi-cell packs, due to polarity reversal). Under a light load (0.5 ampere), the starting voltage of a freshly charged AA NiMH cell in good condition is about 1.4 volts.[20]
    Last edited by DBMandrake; 13th March 2016 at 03:48 PM.

Remember to edit the HR92 installer settings if you're fitting Lithium or nimh cells

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by top brake View Post
    This is intermittent loss of communications between evohome and devices in the home. Check for signal strength and sources of interference. If issues continue please contact your installer or Honeywell support
    Testing signals, one showed up as "good", all others showed as "excellent". I have no way to test RF interference from other sources, but there has been no additional products introduced in the property and neighbours are detached. I do not have HR92's, simply three 2-way zone valves. All batteries were replaced in sensors mid Nov 2015 with Duracell Plus Power, ie 4 months back. I will do check on the Duracells only if the logs reappear - why not now? Because I want to check if this is similar to a former thread in which I reported as follows:-

"The Fault Log shows "Mains Low" although there was no power cut or brownout. The log entries occured when the Evocontroller was removed and replaced on the wall PSU. Wall PSU is only 4.16 volt, however I am advised this should not be an issue. The batteries were fully charged at the time so perhaps a capacitor blip somewhere. The Fault Log shows "Comms Faults" on both heating zones (2), but only one was red flagged."

So please, let's see what the next couple of weeks reveal.

Testing signals, one showed up as "good", all others showed as "excellent". I have no way to test RF interference from other sources, but there has been no additional products introduced in the property and neighbours are detached. I do not have HR92's, simply three 2-way zone valves. All batteries were replaced in sensors mid Nov 2015 with Duracell Plus Power, ie 4 months back. I will do check on the Duracells only if the logs reappear - why not now? Because I want to check if this is similar to a former thread in which I reported as follows:-

"The Fault Log shows "Mains Low" although there was no power cut or brownout. The log entries occured when the Evocontroller was removed and replaced on the wall PSU. Wall PSU is only 4.16 volt, however I am advised this should not be an issue. The batteries were fully charged at the time so perhaps a capacitor blip somewhere. The Fault Log shows "Comms Faults" on both heating zones (2), but only one was red flagged."

So please, let's see what the next couple of weeks reveal.

please have a look at this

http://www.honeywelluk.com/documents...20controls.pdf
    I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by top brake View Post
    Yes, I read this before installation and since commissioning in May 2015 (and thanks to Ramses II) the kit has worked continuously. Walls are brick/breeze block and no foil lined plasterboard anywhere. The only area of non compliance is concerning this clause:-

"If you are mounting a pair of Honeywell products together, allow at least 1 metre gap between the two to avoid signal saturation"

I got only 30 cms between each of three BRD relays.

Yes, I read this before installation and since commissioning in May 2015 (and thanks to Ramses II) the kit has worked continuously. Walls are brick/breeze block and no foil lined plasterboard anywhere. The only area of non compliance is concerning this clause:-

"If you are mounting a pair of Honeywell products together, allow at least 1 metre gap between the two to avoid signal saturation"

I got only 30 cms between each of three BRD relays.
    Can you share some pictures please
    I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.