X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • paulockenden
    Automated Home Legend
    • Apr 2015

Could also be batteries just on the limit of death. I've seen an HR92 die, but then come back to life again briefly (probably affected by room temp).

I think that would cause this to happen too.

P.

Comment

• guyank
      Automated Home Sr Member
      • Sep 2015

Thanks for the suggestions. I haven't seen it again since Saturday morning, but I'll keep an eye on it. I did notice that one of the HR92s rebooted as I installed it back on the radiator.

We were woken up by our 3 year old at 0145 on Sunday morning and there was another override on another room. This time at 19C and this cancelled first time. Strange that 2 have occurred so close together as I haven't noticed any in a long time.

Comment

• DBMandrake
        Automated Home Legend
        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by paulockenden View Post
        Could also be batteries just on the limit of death. I've seen an HR92 die, but then come back to life again briefly (probably affected by room temp).

I think that would cause this to happen too.
        Yes, quite possible. When the batteries are nearly flat I have seen the motor hitting the limit stop cause a momentary brownout that triggers a reboot. So definitely replace any marginal batteries as well.

Comment

• DBMandrake
          Automated Home Legend
          • Sep 2014

Originally posted by guyank View Post
          Thanks for the suggestions. I haven't seen it again since Saturday morning, but I'll keep an eye on it. I did notice that one of the HR92s rebooted as I installed it back on the radiator.
          Assuming that the batteries are not low, that is a classic symptom of battery contact problems, and would most likely explain your issue. You should be able to hold the HR92 and give it a moderate thump into the palm of your other hand without it rebooting. That's the way I test them after adjusting the contacts.

Comment

• SteveP
            Automated Home Guru
            • Dec 2012

This morning I had 3 zones that were cold despite having optimum start enabled. The controller was showing all 3 zones as manual override to the expected temperature and time but that had cancelled the optimum start. Is this the same problem as has been reported and solved by the battery pull outside of the 4 min “danger” time?
            For info I’ve had this system in place for several years now and only recently have I been seeing more occurrences of phantom overrides during the day. This is the first instance of over night changes.

Comment

• morpheus
              Automated Home Sr Member
              • Apr 2016

I do not think so ... the "phantom derogation" was an issue where there was LIKE a manual derogation done on the HR92 which was overriding the Evotouch hourly program.
              I do not think it has anything to do with the Optimization.

Now If you see a derogation son where you are sure you haven't touched the HR92, it is a phantom derogation

Comment

• SteveP
                Automated Home Guru
                • Dec 2012

This is exactly like a manual override for the 3 zones. I don’t believe the optimisation caused it rather because of it optimisation didn’t take place btw the valves I have are the quaint old HR80uk valves. Very odd !!

Comment

• morpheus
                  Automated Home Sr Member
                  • Apr 2016

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
                  This is exactly like a manual override for the 3 zones. I don’t believe the optimisation caused it rather because of it optimisation didn’t take place btw the valves I have are the quaint old HR80uk valves. Very odd !!
                  the phantom derogation if I am correct I was one of the first mentioning this uses and Honeywell even connected to my system remote to investigate.
                  It was solved with a SW update, but this I am not 100% sure anymore ... and there was a workaround explained.

the issue can also be caused if I arm correct if the battery goes within certain load level and is like a "battery replacement" within the specified periodd of time after the hour and hour and an half ...

Comment

• DBMandrake
                    Automated Home Legend
                    • Sep 2014

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
                    This morning I had 3 zones that were cold despite having optimum start enabled. The controller was showing all 3 zones as manual override to the expected temperature and time but that had cancelled the optimum start. Is this the same problem as has been reported and solved by the battery pull outside of the 4 min “danger” time?
                    For info I’ve had this system in place for several years now and only recently have I been seeing more occurrences of phantom overrides during the day. This is the first instance of over night changes.
                    Sounds like phantom override to me. Lets pretend you had a zone that was 5C overnight, and was scheduled to be 20C at 6am, and that optimal start was enabled. Lets also pretend that optimal start calculated that it needed to turn that zone on at 5am to reach the set point in time.

At 5am the controller schedules a set point change for the HR92 to 20C, and this will appear on the controller screen immediately but won't be sent to the HR92 until the next 4 minute communications check in. Lets pretend this will happen at 5:03am. If by bad luck the HR92 sends its hourly set point "check in" between 5am and 5:03am it will be sending a 5C set point to the controller.

The controller will interpret this as a manual override made by the user to 5C and the optimal start will be cancelled as any manual override during an optimal start period cancels it. It will then sit there as 5C manual override until 6am when the set point "officially" changes to 20C at which point the set point really will go to 20C, and the "manual override" will finally be cancelled.

Comment

• SteveP
                      Automated Home Guru
                      • Dec 2012

Thanks DBMandrake I thought as much😩 I will try the battery pull outside of the danger zone and see if that helps

Comment

Working...
                      X