Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Phantom override

Automated Home Legend

Default Phantom override

Here's a strange one!

Yesterday I installed two new HR92's (thanks Richard ) thus adding a 4th and 5th zone to the system in the Hall and Kitchen. I programmed in some initial schedules and everything seemed fine.

This morning I woke to find the Bathroom set to 30 degrees - WTF ?

The bathroom schedule over night is 5 degrees, and is set to come on to 22 degrees at 7am - and with optimum start set to 2 hours this means it does come on at exactly 5am as 22 degrees is about the limit of what the bathroom radiator can achieve. (Thus requires maximum pre-start time to get there) This bathroom schedule has not changed in weeks.

When I got up at about 6:30 the bathroom was set to 30 degrees, and had the "timed override" stopwatch icon on the screen. Eh ? There is only one other person in the house and she was in bed and did not touch anything.

At first I thought maybe I should be changing my Honeywell server password in case it had been guessed/hacked but then I realised that if a change had been made via the Honeywell API the icon would be the phone icon not the stopwatch icon. A stopwatch icon means an HR92 override or an override made at the main controller.

I pulled up my munin graphs and can clearly see the set point changed from 5 degrees to 22 degrees at 5am, and then changed to 30 degrees at 5:40 - while we were asleep in bed upstairs! (The bathroom is downstairs)

So either:

1) We have Ghosts
    2) One of us sleep walks
    3) Someone is sitting outside my gate with an HCI80 and a laptop having fun
    4) Honeywell software bugs...

I'm going with 4...

Has anyone else had any spurious manual overrides show up like this ? I have had set points and manual overrides fail to be sent to remote devices from time to time but have never had this happen before.
    Last edited by DBMandrake; 11th May 2017 at 04:14 PM.

Automated Home Legend

Ok this is getting seriously weird. I just noticed that the living room set point was doing all kinds of crazy things in the night!

The living room is set to drop to 5 degrees at 11:30 pm and often gets manually turned down to 5 degrees before that time anyway. And is scheduled to stay at 5 degrees until the following evening. (It does not come on at all in the mornings during the work week)

So what on earth is that set point (blue line) up to between 2am and 4am ?????? It has warmed the room right back up to 20 degrees for no reason that I can see. There is nothing in the schedule that would set the room to anything other than 5 degrees in the night and nobody was up.
    Last edited by DBMandrake; 11th May 2017 at 04:15 PM.

Hi - Just DM'd you
    getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Automated Home Legend

Thanks.

For now I have reset the controller by taking the batteries out for 15 minutes and will keep an eye on the graphs to see if it happens again.

Automated Home Sr Member

Quote Originally Posted by DBMandrake View Post
    Here's a strange one!

Yesterday I installed two new HR92's (thanks Richard ) thus adding a 4th and 5th zone to the system in the Hall and Kitchen. I programmed in some initial schedules and everything seemed fine.

The bathroom schedule over night is 5 degrees, and is set to come on to 22 degrees at 7am - and with optimum start set to 2 hours this means it does come on at exactly 5am as 22 degrees is about the limit of what the bathroom radiator can achieve. (Thus requires maximum pre-start time to get there) This bathroom schedule has not changed in weeks.

When I got up at about 6:30 the bathroom was set to 30 degrees, and had the "timed override" stopwatch icon on the screen. Eh ? There is only one other person in the house and she was in bed and did not touch anything.

At first I thought maybe I should be changing my Honeywell server password in case it had been guessed/hacked but then I realised that if a change had been made via the Honeywell API the icon would be the phone icon not the stopwatch icon. A stopwatch icon means an HR92 override or an override made at the main controller.

I pulled up my munin graphs and can clearly see the set point changed from 5 degrees to 22 degrees at 5am, and then changed to 30 degrees at 5:40 - while we were asleep in bed upstairs! (The bathroom is downstairs)

So either:

1) We have Ghosts
    2) One of us sleep walks

I'm going with 4...

Has anyone else had any spurious manual overrides show up like this ? I have had set points and manual overrides fail to be sent to remote devices from time to time but have never had this happen before.
    Hi DB, i have the exact same issue ...
    I have everything setup corectly with 8 zones (8 HR92's), and on 2 of them, not every day but always almost in the evening, the Override Icon also appears and "derogates" although nobody changed the temperature on the HR92 nor on the Evotouch itself.
    I have even setup the Evotouch to "Avoid Derogation" for those 2 zones, but still sometimes they derogate like if someone had changed the temperature on the HR92.

I am in touch with the Honeywell Belgian support and their developpers are looking at this issue.
    They connected to my system ad were able to see the behavior, still under investigation, though ... (I didn't want to reset everything in order for them to be able to see the issue and investigate)

Have you also contacted the support for correcting this ?
    Have you corrected it yourself ? how ? IS the issue appearing again ?

Many thanks !!

Automated Home Sr Member

Someone has any update on this issue ?

Automated Home Legend

It's hard to answer your questions when you still haven't explained what you mean by "Derogation" ??
    Last edited by DBMandrake; 17th April 2016 at 06:40 PM.

Automated Home Sr Member

Sorry I am from Belgium and I though "Derogation" was an English word.
    By "Derogation" I mean the exact same behavior as described in the initial post meaning the Temperature of a zone "overrides" the programmed temperature without anybody has changed this temperature on the HR92 or on the Evotouch itself .... and the small "chronometer" icon is appearing just like if so has intentionally changed the temperature.

Honeywell has connected on my system and they confirmed they were able to confirm what I am telling ... without being able to explain the behavior, so they asked me to remove the batteries from the Evotouch, what I did, but issue is still there.

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by DBMandrake View Post
    Here's a strange one!

So either:

1) We have Ghosts
    2) One of us sleep walks

I'm going with 4...

I am experiencing fairly regular phantom overrides, but they occur differently. I use IFTTT to set the heating to economy when we leave and then cancel all quick actions when we return home. Probably once a week, when the quick action is cancelled, some zones (the most I've every seen is 2 zones) stay at the Economy set point and the timer appears showing a manual override. They remain at this temperature until the next set point time is reached.

Very strange

Automated Home Legend top brake's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by guyank View Post
    I am experiencing fairly regular phantom overrides, but they occur differently. I use IFTTT to set the heating to economy when we leave and then cancel all quick actions when we return home. Probably once a week, when the quick action is cancelled, some zones (the most I've every seen is 2 zones) stay at the Economy set point and the timer appears showing a manual override. They remain at this temperature until the next set point time is reached.

Very strange
    are you still experiencing these overides?

it points to an error with the HR92 controllers in that zone so initially please remove and refit the batteries in the HR92 in that particular zone and see if that cures the behaviors.

if you still experience issues please contact Honeywell Consumer Support with 'phantom override' as title
    I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.