• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The EVOHOME Shop
    Site Sponsor
    • Dec 2014

Originally posted by Rozza View Post
    Id like to say thanks also, All swapped over and old unit sent back, although I've now had an email with an amended postal address so I am hoping they still get it (not sure what happens if not)
    They should get it fine (as the rest of the address was correct), but sorry we didn't pick this up before sending the 1st email.

Comment

• The EVOHOME Shop
      Site Sponsor
      • Dec 2014

Originally posted by HenGus View Post
      I put mine in the post yesterday. Fortunately, the post lady was on the ball and said that has got to be a '1'. I left the rechargeable batteries out as the Post Office has a thing about batteries being sent through the mail.
      As per Royal Mail's T&C's Ni-MH batteries are fine, just as long as the box has one of their 'Ni-MH battery' labels on.

Comment

• HenGus
        Automated Home Legend
        • May 2014

Originally posted by The EVOHOME Shop View Post
        As per Royal Mail's T&C's Ni-MH batteries are fine, just as long as the box has one of their 'Ni-MH battery' labels on.
        Batteries, specifically new alkaline metal, nickel metal hydride (NiMH), nickel cadmium (NiCd) and zinc-air Packaging guidelines: Must be new and sent unopened in their original retail packaging. Surround with cushioning material e.g. bubble wrap.

Comment

• The EVOHOME Shop
          Site Sponsor
          • Dec 2014

Originally posted by HenGus View Post
          Batteries, specifically new alkaline metal, nickel metal hydride (NiMH), nickel cadmium (NiCd) and zinc-air Packaging guidelines: Must be new and sent unopened in their original retail packaging. Surround with cushioning material e.g. bubble wrap.
          Apologies HenGus, I was slightly incorrect as the batteries you have are not 'new' (we obviously only supply new items) but the guidlines for 'electronic items sent with Ni-MH' is slightly different to the requirements for 'Ni-MH batteries' sent on their own - http://www.royalmail.com/personal/he...Goods-overseas

Electronic items sent with new alkaline, nickel metal hydride (NiMH) or nickel cadmium (NiCd) batteries - Must be new and sent unopened in their original retail packaging. Surround with sufficient cushioning material to protect each item from damage. Wrap each item, including plugs, individually. Place item in a rigid container and cushion to avoid movement. Any equipment sent with batteries or cells must be secured against movement within the outer packaging and must be packed to prevent accidental activation. The sender’s name and return address must be clearly visible on the outer packaging.

I should have looked at this and included it in the requirements.

Comment

• HenGus
            Automated Home Legend
            • May 2014

Richard - no apology needed. Our local Post Office always asks so I take the easy route and I just avoid sending anything with batteries.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
              Automated Home Legend
              • Jul 2014

How is this for service? Another order placed on evohome shop at 1731 yesterday, order delivered to me at 1201 today! Amazing stuff.

I just had a brief look and it looks like the table stand is easily hackable to make it a wall mount. I had done this with the old one too before the wall mounts were available, by buying a cheap spare from ebay. This one seems even easier to modify and doesn't appear to need any modifications.

Comment

• The EVOHOME Shop
                Site Sponsor
                • Dec 2014

Originally posted by bruce_miranda View Post
                How is this for service? Another order placed on evohome shop at 1731 yesterday, order delivered to me at 1201 today! Amazing stuff.

I just had a brief look and it looks like the table stand is easily hackable to make it a wall mount. I had done this with the old one too before the wall mounts were available, by buying a cheap spare from ebay. This one seems even easier to modify and doesn't appear to need any modifications.
                No problem!

You will find by 'hacking' the ATF800 stand/dock it will give you a really flimsy wall plate and the plate will bend when screwed against the wall stopping the controller sitting against it. The ATF600 comes with a support plate at the back to stop it flexing when you tighten the screws.

Comment

• The EVOHOME Shop
                  Site Sponsor
                  • Dec 2014

The final evohome HCC80R binding videos are done and now listed on the same page as the others - http://www.wordpress-1219309-4387497...ll=1#post26559

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                    Automated Home Legend
                    • Jul 2014

Originally posted by The EVOHOME Shop View Post
                    No problem!

You will find by 'hacking' the ATF800 stand/dock it will give you a really flimsy wall plate and the plate will bend when screwed against the wall stopping the controller sitting against it. The ATF600 comes with a support plate at the back to stop it flexing when you tighten the screws.
                    I'm thinking of using the back plate and power supply from the old wall mount on the new flimsy plate. Do you think that will work? Rather try and reuse what i have than spending some more money and then the desk stand never be used.

Comment

• The EVOHOME Shop
                      Site Sponsor
                      • Dec 2014

Originally posted by bruce_miranda View Post
                      I'm thinking of using the back plate and power supply from the old wall mount on the new flimsy plate. Do you think that will work? Rather try and reuse what i have than spending some more money and then the desk stand never be used.
                      The two are different sizes so won't work. The front piece is identical to the ATF600, its just the fact you are missing the 'stiffy'.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                        Automated Home Legend
                        • Jul 2014

OK moved over from my non-Wifi to the new Wifi controller.

It's definitely a case of win some lose some.

I've lost the ability to pair my outdoor temperature sensor HB85 and also lost the individual zone optimization switch, both of which I loved.

For outside temperature, I thought of using an old HR80 that I have (where the temperature sensor works but the actuator doesn't) paired to an unused zone. But I can't set the minimum in any zone below 5C and if the outside temperature drops below that the boiler will fire up.
                        I even tried to see if the HB85 will pair as the Hot Water controller or a zone but it won't and neither will a HR80 pair as the Hot Water controller too.

But now I've gained the ability to see manual over rides on the control panel even for the older HR80 TRV controllers.

How do I check what software version is running on the controller? (got it : Hold Device Settings down for 20 seconds)
                        Last edited by bruce_miranda; 1 April 2016, 06:42 PM.

Comment

• DBMandrake
                          Automated Home Legend
                          • Sep 2014

You've also gained the ability to receive over the air software updates, which is a big plus, assuming Honeywell release any substantial updates in the future.

I wonder why they removed the per zone optimisation enable and disable. It's something I would use. Perhaps they might consider re-adding it in a future software update if there was enough demand.

Comment

• darrendobson
                            Automated Home Jr Member
                            • Nov 2015

Hi Richard

Going good so far

Bound all the hr 92's and boiler relay

Now going through hot water which is fine but then it asks me to bind the heAting after, do I just bind the heating bdr to this ?

*edit*
                            Should of clicked just hot water!!

Now on to the hcc80r!
                            Last edited by darrendobson; 1 April 2016, 07:21 PM.

Comment

• darrendobson
                              Automated Home Jr Member
                              • Nov 2015

All done

Just want to say a big thanks to Richard and his videos.

Following the tutorials everything worked first time.!!!

Did someone mention earlier you can stop people manually overriding hr92's?

Can't find it

Thanks

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                                Automated Home Legend
                                • Jul 2014

Its in the zone parameter settings, Allow override or something similar.

Comment

Working...
                                X