Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Upgrade for Automated Members / Evohome - 25/3 > 28/3

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Upgrade for Automated Members / Evohome - 25/3 > 28/3

Dear All

Exclusive to Automated Home forum members we are able to offer an trade-in path for those who have evohome units (with a gateway) who wish buy the evohome Wi-Fi version, effectively for £100. (inc VAT).

To keep people up and running this upgrade will be sending out the newer items before asking for the older ones back.

Conditions are
    - 1 per customer
    - Registered Automated Home forum members only (specifically those who logged their interest in the appropriate thread)
    - Subject to limited stock availability
    - Purchases must be made March Friday 25- Monday 28th only to qualify.. Orders placed outside of this will be not considered for the offer.
    - Outside UK customers need to speak the evohome shop and will be dealt with case by case basis (best endeavours)
    - Wall mounting brackets are not part of this trade in offer
    - Only users with the gateway and generation 1 colour version can apply (ATC928G2000 and RFG100)
    - Mono versions of evohome are not accepted

Steps are
    1) Buy new evohome Wi-Fi from https://theevohomeshop.co.uk/ at full price listed there during March Friday 25- Monday 28th
    2) In the order notes make sure you include your MAC address, post code and Automated home forum user name.
    3) Place your order as normal (https://theevohomeshop.co.uk/honeywe...p921r3100.html )
    4) You will Receive evohome Wi-Fi & instruction on how to return your evohome AND gateway to a FREEPOST address
    5) Remove old evohome from your Honeywell account (de-register) – DO NOT REMOVE OR REPLACE YOUR BDR91, you can keep this.
    6) If you wish you can wipe your old unit – but this is not necessary – no personal information or risk to your Honeywell account can occur
    7) Install your new evohome Wi-Fi (as per instructions etc )
    8) The return must be complete within 2 weeks of purchase
    9) Upon receipt of returned items – £104 will be refunded to the purchasing card (effectively making the purchase of the newer product £100)
    10) Any problems /issues/ Q’s – please speak to https://theevohomeshop.co.uk/ not Honeywell customer services. This offer is handled by the evohome shop.
    getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Firstly, a big thank you to Rameses and the team at Honeywell for giving this amazing trade-in offer to Automated Home members with a MK2 (ATC928G2000) evohome Controller & RFG100 Mobile Access Kit.

The conditions and steps are above. For UK Mainland, UK Islands, Northern Ireland & Ireland the postage will be included in this offer (so just choose the 'FREE' delivery option at our checkout). Other countries outside the UK will have to pay for shipping at the relevant cost to us - please email us if you are a European order.

As this offer is taking place over the Bank Holiday weekend, please ask your questions here or email us at [email protected] typing 'Automated Home' in email subject line and we will respond as soon as we pick up your message. Please do not PM myself on here with questions, as sometime these can be missed or delayed.

We will try and make this a smooth as possible for all involved and if there is the slightest question please ask.

Many thanks,

Richard
    Last edited by The EVOHOME Shop; 23rd March 2016 at 02:33 PM.

Automated Home Legend

I would like to thank Rameses (Honeywell) and Richard for putting this offer together. I confess that I have two issues which I need to resolve before Friday. One, my wife who gently reminds me of the issues that we had with Evohome in our first 6 months after installation and, two, the additional cost of a new wall plate.

Two questions and one assumption, if I may:

1. Rather than plough through the Evohome guide, is there a simple - for dummies - guide to installing a new controller into an existing system?

2. I confess that I haven't looked behind my wall plate. Are the two wall plates identical in size (i know that the connector is different) and is the transformer the same. I recall my that installer had to cut some plasterboard to fit the controller in lieu of a small rotary thermostat.

3. I assume that the new controller comes with a 12 month warranty and Richard's usual excellent support?

Now I just need to persuade my wife that this is something that we need to have.

Quote Originally Posted by HenGus View Post
    I would like to thank Rameses (Honeywell) and Richard for putting this offer together. I confess that I have two issues which I need to resolve before Friday. One, my wife who gently reminds me of the issues that we had with Evohome in our first 6 months after installation and, two, the additional cost of a new wall plate.

Two questions and one assumption, if I may:

1. Rather than plough through the Evohome guide, is there a simple - for dummies - guide to installing a new controller into an existing system?

2. I confess that I haven't looked behind my wall plate. Are the two wall plates identical in size (i know that the connector is different) and is the transformer the same. I recall my that installer had to cut some plasterboard to fit the controller in lieu of a small rotary thermostat.

3. I assume that the new controller comes with a 12 month warranty and Richard's usual excellent support?

Now I just need to persuade my wife that this is something that we need to have.
    1. No dummies guide, but maybe I can do a MK2 to MK3 video showing the basics for you guys?

2. The new evohome WiFi (ATF600) Wall Mount Kit (also available to buy separately on our website) is slightly smaller but uses exactly the same transformer as the ATF300.

3. Warranty to UK & Ireland is standard 12 month warranty. We would only offer a limited warranty to European buyers, simply because we do not normally supply to Europe as these are UK products.

Good luck with the 'account manager' - mine has to be consulted daily!
    Last edited by The EVOHOME Shop; 23rd March 2016 at 04:14 PM.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by The EVOHOME Shop View Post
    1. No dummies guide, but maybe I can do a MK2 to MK3 video showing the basics for you guys?

2. The new evohome WiFi (ATF600) Wall Mount Kit (also available to buy separately on our website) is slightly smaller but uses exactly the same transformer as the ATF300.

3. Warranty to UK & Ireland is standard 12 month warranty. We would only offer a limited warranty to European buyers, simply because we do not normally supply to Europe as these are UK products.

Good luck with the 'account manager' - mine has to be consulted daily!
    Thanks for all that. When you say that the wall plate is smaller, are the screw points the same as the Mk1? I do not mind touching up a bit of paint but wallboard repairs may well not go un-noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by HenGus View Post
    Thanks for all that. When you say that the wall plate is smaller, are the screw points the same as the Mk1? I do not mind touching up a bit of paint but wallboard repairs may well not go un-noticed.
    Yep, screws are in the same place.

Quote Originally Posted by The EVOHOME Shop View Post
    Would be good if you could. I am a bit nervous changing over as mine is working very well at the moment and I don't want to mess it up.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Mavis View Post
    Would be good if you could. I am a bit nervous changing over as mine is working very well at the moment and I don't want to mess it up.
    Exactly my thoughts. MY OH has said that if I go ahead with this replacement she is going out on the day when I decide to fit it.

Automated Home Legend

Whats the quickest way to find the MAC address for the evohome unit that we will be sending back?

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_miranda View Post
    Whats the quickest way to find the MAC address for the evohome unit that we will be sending back?
    It's on the underneath of the Gateway or you can find it in your TCC Account.