Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Upgrade for Automated Members / Evohome - 25/3 > 28/3

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by DBMandrake View Post
    What do you mean lasted ? Lasted until the periodic warning beep started ?

Or until the full screen warning message appeared ?

Or until the unit died completely ?

The warning beep will start in about 30 minutes to an hour but the device should function for many hours after it starts beeping.
    Started beeping after about 30 mins then battery low appeared shortly after. Completely blank after a total of 40 mins.

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by digital View Post
    Did you get your battery issue sorted.
    Having done some work at home involving switching off the power I find Evohome controller only lasting 30 mins.
    I double checked by recharging for 24 hrs then removed supply and it only lasted 30 mins again.
    Hey,
    I reseated the batteries in the controller (took them out made sure was all clear in the battery compartment and reinserted the batteries).
    Then made sure when I put the controller back on the wall mount it was pushed down correctly and clicked/locked into place.

Since then it seems the batteries last as long as they should, but I will double check it again.

Automated Home Lurker

I have the same, its on charge all day/night, i remove it and within maybe 15 mins its saying battery low and doesn't even last half an hour before it turns off

Ive emailed [email protected] so hopefully they can help

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rozza View Post
    I have the same, its on charge all day/night, i remove it and within maybe 15 mins its saying battery low and doesn't even last half an hour before it turns off

Ive emailed [email protected] so hopefully they can help
    I have emailed the EVOHOME shop and await their advice.
    I have also removed the batteries checked everything and reinserted as per rcopus and will see if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by digital View Post
    I have emailed the EVOHOME shop and await their advice.
    I have also removed the batteries checked everything and reinserted as per rcopus and will see if that helps.
    Sorry for my delay in responding but I thought I would respond here instead.

From my tests here the batteries are NI-MH and when brand new they need to develop 'memory' before they will function properly - irrespective of what is written online. I have found that the best way to do this is as follows:

Put evohome Controller on the ATF800 charge stand, make sure the stand is powered (not switched off) and then remove the evohome fascia and part the batteries in the middle while it is on the stand (the plastic leg on the lid of a BIC pen is great for this). The battery symbol will go to the battery with a X (cross) through it. At this point unpart the batteries and you will notice the battery symbol change to a battery symbol with a lightning bolt through it. Leave the device charge until the battery symbol disappears (may take 3-4 hours to do this). Then remove the evohome Controller from the stand and allow the batteries to discharge (can take up to 6 hours) and then when you get the screen where it says 'put me back on the stand' do this and charge the batteries again.

You will find if you repeat this once every couple of months the batteries will last just fine (4-6 hours easy).

You may also find the plug you push in the back of the ATF800 is not pushed in fully! When you push the plug into the stand it will go in with a 'click'! Make sure this happens or it won't power the ATF800 correctly which will mean the batteries will not charge!

I hope that helps.
    Last edited by The EVOHOME Shop; 13th April 2016 at 12:37 PM.

Automated Home Lurker

Thanks for the reply, I will give this a go

Quote Originally Posted by The EVOHOME Shop View Post

From my tests here the batteries are NI-MH and when brand new they need to develop 'memory' before they will function properly - irrespective of what is written online. I have found that the best way to do this is as follows:

Put evohome Controller on the ATF800 charge stand, make sure the stand is powered (not switched off) and then remove the evohome fascia and part the batteries in the middle while it is on the stand (the plastic leg on the lid of a BIC pen is great for this). The battery symbol will go to the battery with a X (cross) through it. At this point unpart the batteries and you will notice the battery symbol change to a battery symbol with a lightning bolt through it. Leave the device charge until the battery symbol disappears (may take 3-4 hours to do this). Then remove the evohome Controller from the stand and allow the batteries to discharge (can take up to 6 hours) and then when you get the screen where it says 'put me back on the stand' do this and charge the batteries again.

You will find if you repeat this once every couple of months the batteries will last just fine (4-6 hours easy).

You may also find the plug you push in the back of the ATF800 is not pushed in fully! When you push the plug into the stand it will go in with a 'click'! Make sure this happens or it won't power the ATF800 correctly which will mean the batteries will not charge!

I hope that helps.
    Sorry I have just edited this to include more information!

Automated Home Jr Member

Thank you Richard.
    I will give this a try.

Quote Originally Posted by The EVOHOME Shop View Post

I hope that helps.
    Is this something that you would recommend everyone doing as routine or just the ones having problems?

Automated Home Jr Member

I tested mine today and it lasted around 6 hours with no use.
    So the couple of things I mentioned above did resolve the issue.