• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • roydonaldson
    Automated Home Guru
    • Jan 2013

Originally posted by bruce_miranda View Post
    Please dont say that! I have a 12 zone system all using the HR80s. That was the only reason I moved from the Hometronic to the Evohome because I could reuse my TRV heads. Are you saying the reset and the rebind doesn't work?
    They do work, just unbelievably annoying to bind.

Comment

• darrendobson
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Nov 2015

Thanks richard and Honeywell for the upgrade

Richard my current setup is

Worcester 35 cdi system
      unvented cylinder
      s plan
      1 zone valve to hot water and hot water kit
      1 zone valve to HCC80R underfloor heating controller
      4 x dts92 bound to hcc80r for 4 underfloor zones
      hr92 on 9 radiators

which order would you set this up on the new controller richard?

haven't played with my evohome for a while so a bit nervous

Comment

• The EVOHOME Shop
        Site Sponsor
        • Dec 2014

Originally posted by darrendobson View Post
        Thanks richard and Honeywell for the upgrade

Richard my current setup is

Worcester 35 cdi system
        unvented cylinder
        s plan
        1 zone valve to hot water and hot water kit
        1 zone valve to HCC80R underfloor heating controller
        4 x dts92 bound to hcc80r for 4 underfloor zones
        hr92 on 9 radiators

which order would you set this up on the new controller richard?

haven't played with my evohome for a while so a bit nervous
        Start with Video 1 and the HR92's just as I have shown. I am assuming from the equipment you have that you have a 'boiler demand' relay in your setup? If so just copy exactly what I have done.

Then move onto the S Plan Video, but choose 'Hot Water Only' instead of '2 or 3 Port Valve' option I used and then bind the hot water valve BDR91.

Then finally do the HCC80R and DTS92's. Reset the HCC80R by pushing and holding both buttons on the HCC80R until all the lights flash yellow. Then reset the DTS92 just as I have done in the single zone video.

Do you remember how to do the HCC80R binding? I can do a video for this tomorrow if you want as its not the easiest.

Comment

• darrendobson
          Automated Home Jr Member
          • Nov 2015

That would be great
          I am going to buy some of the better looking stats from you soon as well so it will be useful for then too!

I was secretly hoping the bindings to the hcc80r would remain in tact and I would just have to bind the hcc80r to the evohome controller lol!

2 actuators on my ufhc are on lounge as this is a large space and the other 3 are for separate rooms

Thanks Richard
          Last edited by darrendobson; 31 March 2016, 11:36 PM.

Comment

• roydonaldson
            Automated Home Guru
            • Jan 2013

Ok, nearly all done. I just can't remember the combination of what controls what for a radiator with a HR92 on it.

When I setup a Zone, it offers me the choice for Heating Type of:

Underfloor Heating
            Radiator Valve
            Mixing Valve
            Zone Valve.

Which one of these uses the Boiler Relay bound device to call for heating ?

I'm assuming one of the others has to bind to the BDR91 on the zone valve, do I need to go and bind this for every single zone (I'm not using the guided config to build this last bit).

Comment

• radar2016
              Automated Home Jr Member
              • Mar 2016

Originally posted by roydonaldson View Post
              They do work, just unbelievably annoying to bind.
              How much different from binding to the mark2 version, as I have some of those. I am expecting that my mark 3 will be delivered today

Comment

• roydonaldson
                Automated Home Guru
                • Jan 2013

Originally posted by radar2016 View Post
                How much different from binding to the mark2 version, as I have some of those. I am expecting that my mark 3 will be delivered today
                Pretty much the same to bind. It's just I find the whole pushing the tiny button underneath and then watching the strange flashing symbol stuff on those old valves a real pain. The newer HR92's that have things, such as Bind, Binding, Cleared etc. are so much easier to do.

Comment

• Rameses
                  Industry Expert
                  • Nov 2014

All - thanks participating. We hope this has helped.

We encourage all our customers to share their experiences (good or bad). There are many many people out there who can save energy & money with better heating controls.
                  getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Comment

• roydonaldson
                    Automated Home Guru
                    • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Rameses View Post

We encourage all our customers to share their experiences (good or bad). There are many many people out there who can save energy & money with better heating controls.
                    I'd just like to say Thank You. A much appreciated upgrade offer and well run. I've swapped my units over now and just taken my old unit up to the post office to go back to Louise.

Comment

• paulockenden
                      Automated Home Legend
                      • Apr 2015

...and just taken my old unit up to the post office to go back to Louise.
                      Did you see the email about the error in the Freepost address before you did this?

P.

Comment

• The EVOHOME Shop
                        Site Sponsor
                        • Dec 2014

Ok, nearly all done. I just can't remember the combination of what controls what for a radiator with a HR92 on it.

When I setup a Zone, it offers me the choice for Heating Type of:

Underfloor Heating
                        Radiator Valve
                        Mixing Valve
                        Zone Valve.

Which one of these uses the Boiler Relay bound device to call for heating ?

I'm assuming one of the others has to bind to the BDR91 on the zone valve, do I need to go and bind this for every single zone (I'm not using the guided config to build this last bit).
                        From my videos here - http://www.wordpress-1219309-4387497...ll=1#post26559 when adding the HR92's through 'ADD ZONE' the HR92's are defined as 'RADIATOR VALVE' zones when binding them. If you have bound the BDR91 as a 'boiler relay' (through 'GUIDED CONFIGURATION' or the 'SYSTEM DEVICES' menu), it will automatically trigger each time there is heating (or hot water) demand and no need to bind it again.

Comment

• Rozza
                          Automated Home Lurker
                          • Dec 2015

Id like to say thanks also, All swapped over and old unit sent back, although I've now had an email with an amended postal address so I am hoping they still get it (not sure what happens if not)

Comment

• HenGus
                            Automated Home Legend
                            • May 2014

Originally posted by Rameses View Post

Rameses - thanks again for taking this exchange forward. Just a minor plea for the future. Please could Honeywell stick with one design of wall plate for any future controller deployments.

I also think that the PSU and cord for the desk stand looks cheap compared to the previous model. The controller itself is solid and well built. I assume that this is because the transformer has been moved out of the stand into the plug?

Comment

• HenGus
                              Automated Home Legend
                              • May 2014

I'd just like to say Thank You. A much appreciated upgrade offer and well run. I've swapped my units over now and just taken my old unit up to the post office to go back to Louise.
                              I put mine in the post yesterday. Fortunately, the post lady was on the ball and said that the 'L' has got to be a '1'. I left the rechargeable batteries out as the Post Office has a thing about batteries being sent through the mail.
                              Last edited by HenGus; 1 April 2016, 12:13 PM.

Comment

• The EVOHOME Shop
                                Site Sponsor
                                • Dec 2014

Pretty much the same to bind. It's just I find the whole pushing the tiny button underneath and then watching the strange flashing symbol stuff on those old valves a real pain. The newer HR92's that have things, such as Bind, Binding, Cleared etc. are so much easier to do.
                                The binding of the HR80 to the evohome Controller is on Page 22 and 23 of the evohome Installation Guide, you can also download the PDF version here - http://www.honeywelluk.com/Documents...stallation.pdf

Just remember on the first one (if you are using the HR80 as the zone 'sensor') you need to bind it 'twice' (once as 'sensor' and once as 'actuator') but on the remaining ones you just bind as 'actuators' (if you have more than one HR80 in a zone).

Comment

Working...
                                X