Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: Upgrade for Automated Members / Evohome - 25/3 > 28/3

Automated Home Jr Member

Ordered

Thanks

Automated Home Lurker

A big thank you to Rameses and the Evohome Shop for this great offer and I have ordered mine too.

Automated Home Jr Member

Those of us that did not get the gateway unit when we purchased the MK2 model have still spent a considerable amount of money on our Evohome systems.
    We are more likely to want to upgrade to the Wi-Fi version but are denied the option to do so at a reasonable cost.

This offer has been made over Easter when a lot of people are away or not likely to be looking at online forums.
    Honeywell also doesn't seem to have considered the staff at the Evohome Shop who may have liked a few days off rather than have to deal with this.

Thanks Honeywell.

Automated Home Lurker

Ordered. Thanks for making this deal available. Can anyone comment on what is newer with the WIFI version (i.e the new firmware) and also are newer features likely to become available?

Quote Originally Posted by Marty View Post
    Those of us that did not get the gateway unit when we purchased the MK2 model have still spent a considerable amount of money on our Evohome systems.
    We are more likely to want to upgrade to the Wi-Fi version but are denied the option to do so at a reasonable cost.

This offer has been made over Easter when a lot of people are away or not likely to be looking at online forums.
    Honeywell also doesn't seem to have considered the staff at the Evohome Shop who may have liked a few days off rather than have to deal with this.

Thanks Honeywell.
    Marty,

What if I let you and any of the other AH guys in your situation have a new evohome WiFi for 150 Inc. VAT? This would be on the basis you return your MK2 Controller to me and the extra 50 accounts for the fact you didn't buy the RFG100, like the others have done. The other T&C's would be the same as the other guys have to adhere to on page 1 (except obviously supplying the MAC and return of your MK2 would be at your cost).

This 'offer' would be from us at The EVOHOME Shop personally, just to keep this gesture/offer in the spirit it is supposed to be.

Many thanks,

Richard

Automated Home Guru

Quote Originally Posted by sd84 View Post
    Ordered. Thanks for making this deal available. Can anyone comment on what is newer with the WIFI version (i.e the new firmware) and also are newer features likely to become available?
    This is covered elsewhere, for example in the Firmware 2.1 thread. It explains what is new. Honeywell have refused to comment on what might be coming.

The important thing is that you gain an Ethernet port back on your router, simplify the deployment by only having one device, and get the ability for bugs to be fixed via firmware updates as well as potential improvements. I suspect there are under the hood fixes buried in the new device that we will never know about, but may just notice in certain situations (for example, perhaps they tweaked the optimisation routines).

Automated Home Legend paulockenden's Avatar

It's important to note that some features have been REMOVED from the wi-fi version too. For example, the ability to pair an outdoor weather sensor, and the ability to switch off optimisation at zone level. There may be others too.

Quote Originally Posted by paulockenden View Post
    It's important to note that some features have been REMOVED from the wi-fi version too. For example, the ability to pair an outdoor weather sensor, and the ability to switch off optimisation at zone level. There may be others too.
    I didn't know that the optimisation at zone level had been removed. (I have my bedrooms 'opted out' of optimisation currently.) When I get my new controller, I will have to take that into account when setting it up.

Automated Home Jr Member

I Wish there was a way of backing up the programs via the USB port ot my PC then i could download to new controller or even back up to the website
    Mark

Automated Home Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by jonstatt View Post
    This is covered elsewhere, for example in the Firmware 2.1 thread. It explains what is new. Honeywell have refused to comment on what might be coming.

The important thing is that you gain an Ethernet port back on your router, simplify the deployment by only having one device, and get the ability for bugs to be fixed via firmware updates as well as potential improvements. I suspect there are under the hood fixes buried in the new device that we will never know about, but may just notice in certain situations (for example, perhaps they tweaked the optimisation routines).
    Thanks, yes I realised after posting it was probably more applicable in another thread but thanks for the quick summary