• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • paulockenden
    Automated Home Legend
    • Apr 2015

Originally posted by bruce_miranda View Post
    What's up with the Optimisation Menu, sometimes in visible on the main screen under the HW icon, but sometimes it's only available via the menus.
    I think it only shows on the front screen if optimisation isn't set. Once you've done it the icon hides.

Comment

• The EVOHOME Shop
      Site Sponsor
      • Dec 2014

Originally posted by paulockenden View Post
      Quick note to Richard - the group emails after the offer really should have been BCC rather than CC. Luckily we're a friendly lot here, so perhaps not quite so important, but it's certainly good practice.

P.
      Big apologies to everyone here, both emails were supposed to be sent by Lianne as BCC but I have just checked and clearly were not.

Comment

• gl3n
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Feb 2015

No big problem and this should not spoil the great work you guys have done to make this offer happen.

Mistakes happen and this is isolated to name/email only at what must have been a very busy time.

Thanks

gl3n

Comment

• bruce_miranda
          Automated Home Legend
          • Jul 2014

Did anyone else notice that the PSU included with the new evohome controller is exactly the same one that was included with the old Mobile access kit. Mine had died in just a few weeks and when I contacted Honeywell about that they told me it was a known issue with those PSUs. I wonder how long these ones will work.

I intend to move to the wall kit soon, so it's not a big problem for me. I only noticed this when I was packing my old stuff to return back to Honeywell and wondered why I wasn't using the old PSU for my RFG100. I've put a note in my return to say why the RFG100 PSU wasn't included.

Comment

• Rameses
            Industry Expert
            • Nov 2014

Did anyone else notice that the PSU included with the new evohome controller is exactly the same one that was included with the old Mobile access kit. Mine had died in just a few weeks and when I contacted Honeywell about that they told me it was a known issue with those PSUs. I wonder how long these ones will work.

I intend to move to the wall kit soon, so it's not a big problem for me. I only noticed this when I was packing my old stuff to return back to Honeywell and wondered why I wasn't using the old PSU for my RFG100. I've put a note in my return to say why the RFG100 PSU wasn't included.
            That was a limited 'one time' batch from early source. No known issues since then.
            getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Comment

• Marty
              Automated Home Jr Member
              • Mar 2016

Originally posted by The EVOHOME Shop View Post
              Marty,

What if I let you and any of the other AH guys in your situation have a new evohome WiFi for £150 Inc. VAT? This would be on the basis you return your MK2 Controller to me and the extra £50 accounts for the fact you didn't buy the RFG100, like the others have done. The other T&C's would be the same as the other guys have to adhere to on page 1 (except obviously supplying the MAC and return of your MK2 would be at your cost).

This 'offer' would be from us at The EVOHOME Shop personally, just to keep this gesture/offer in the spirit it is supposed to be.

Many thanks,

Richard
              Hi Richard
              Sorry I haven't got back to you on this as I have been away.
              It is very generous of you to make this offer and I would like to take you up on it if it still stands.
              If the offer is still available do I order off the website as normal and put my post code and AH user name in the notes box or is there anything else you would like me to do?

Yours hopefully

Marty.

Comment

• Rameses
                Industry Expert
                • Nov 2014

OK moved over from my non-Wifi to the new Wifi controller.

It's definitely a case of win some lose some.

I've lost the ability to pair my outdoor temperature sensor HB85 and also lost the individual zone optimization switch, both of which I loved.

For outside temperature, I thought of using an old HR80 that I have (where the temperature sensor works but the actuator doesn't) paired to an unused zone. But I can't set the minimum in any zone below 5C and if the outside temperature drops below that the boiler will fire up.
                I even tried to see if the HB85 will pair as the Hot Water controller or a zone but it won't and neither will a HR80 pair as the Hot Water controller too.

But now I've gained the ability to see manual over rides on the control panel even for the older HR80 TRV controllers.

How do I check what software version is running on the controller? (got it : Hold Device Settings down for 20 seconds)
                Miranda - Outside temp display - standby - all we can say right now . .
                getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                  Automated Home Legend
                  • Jul 2014

I think it only shows on the front screen if optimisation isn't set. Once you've done it the icon hides.
                  I was playing around with the Optimisation settings and that made the home screen option disappear. But now even though I have Optimum Start and Stop as Disabled, I have no home screen button.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                    Automated Home Legend
                    • Jul 2014

Originally posted by Rameses View Post
                    Miranda - Outside temp display - standby - all we can say right now . .
                    So do I put my HB85 on the bay or hang on to it?

Comment

• Rameses
                      Industry Expert
                      • Nov 2014

Originally posted by DBMandrake View Post
                      You've also gained the ability to receive over the air software updates, which is a big plus, assuming Honeywell release any substantial updates in the future.

I wonder why they removed the per zone optimisation enable and disable. It's something I would use. Perhaps they might consider re-adding it in a future software update if there was enough demand.
                      We experienced many installations getting 'confused', and there were very or no practical situations where the system required this level of segregation. Based on research and general understanding, either people want to optimize or they do not. We are trying to encourage a holistic view. Click optimise and let the system optimise as a whole. Or don't.

Comment

• Rameses
                        Industry Expert
                        • Nov 2014

I would put it on ebay . . .

Comment

• The EVOHOME Shop
                          Site Sponsor
                          • Dec 2014

Originally posted by Marty View Post
                          Hi Richard
                          Sorry I haven't got back to you on this as I have been away.
                          It is very generous of you to make this offer and I would like to take you up on it if it still stands.
                          If the offer is still available do I order off the website as normal and put my post code and AH user name in the notes box or is there anything else you would like me to do?

Yours hopefully

Marty.
                          Hi Marty,

Yep, my offer still stands - just buy as normal and when you return your MK2 & Gateway to us here, I will credit you the difference.

Many thanks,

Richard

Comment

• The EVOHOME Shop
                            Site Sponsor
                            • Dec 2014

That'll teach me to be a smart arse!

I've just realised I forgot to put the mains lead in the package! It would be a pain to open it all up again, so is it OK if I send the lead separately in a jiffy bag?

What a twit!

P.
                            Just remember these are not coming back to us but going straight to Honeywell and if at all possible, please try to keep everything together.

Comment

• paulockenden
                              Automated Home Legend
                              • Apr 2015

ta. I decided to put the mains lead in a jiffy bag, then tape it to the outside of the main parcel.

Comment

• rcopus
                                Automated Home Jr Member
                                • Nov 2014

Originally posted by Rameses View Post
                                We experienced many installations getting 'confused', and there were very or no practical situations where the system required this level of segregation. Based on research and general understanding, either people want to optimize or they do not. We are trying to encourage a holistic view. Click optimise and let the system optimise as a whole. Or don't.
                                I assume most UK homes have towel radiators, I personally have 3 in my home.
                                If I just want to use it as a towel radiator (and am not bothered about the temperature of the room) then I wouldn't really want optimum start or optimum stop.

Imagine when its summer - I'm going to have to set those zones to some ridiculously high temperature to get them to come on, and then when its a colder day optimum start is going to run them for a long period of time than is necessary.

It would be nice if there was the option to specify that a HR92 is being used on a towel radiator and just have an on/off for a period of time for the 'zone'.

Comment

Working...
                                X