Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Upgrade for Automated Members / Evohome - 25/3 > 28/3

Automated Home Jr Member

Thanks to Honeywell and Evohome shop for sorting out the upgrade.

On the subject of feedback/experiences with the new unit. I can't quite remember how long the old unit used to last on batteries but the new unit lasts 17 minutes (with no use) and then a message about the internal battery being low appears on the screen.
    This is a very short amount of time for a device powered by two AA batteries in 2016! It also appears there's no way to dismiss the battery warning and it's stuck on the screen no matter what?
    If it's intended that the warning is not user dismissible then the UX team need to use an element of the UI that's not a pop-over in my opinion. The fact the UI beneath keeps focus and keeps updating makes the user (me!) think I should be able to dismiss the warning as you can on most consumer devices.

Automated Home Legend

You have something wrong with your batteries or they have not charged yet. Mine lasts approximately 3 hours before the full screen low battery warning appears and almost 6 hours until the unit dies.

I think the warning taking over the screen and being undismissible is done on purpose to force the user to put the unit back on charge before the battery runs out - remember once the battery runs out your heating system will stop working...

Automated Home Jr Member

Thanks DB - I thought my old one lasted a lot longer!
    I will have to invest in some new batteries and see if that improves the performance of my unit, it's been on the wall plate for many days now so should be fully charged.

I agree with you on the reason why the message appears and takes over the screen, but the same pop-over UI is used everywhere else on the device, where the user is being notified or prompted for a decision. If there is no decision or notification for the user to dismiss then the UI below it should be obscured or ideally not visible at all. What is currently happening is the UI below continues to update (eg when the idle display activates).

If the intention is for the user to apply mains power again, then get rid of the UI below, just make the message full screen is the obvious answer. When you think about the fact there's nothing the user can do, why on earth wouldn't the message be full screen in the first place. This then makes it obvious to your dumbest user!

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by The EVOHOME Shop View Post
    Try removing the evohome device from the TCC account location again, wait 20-30 minutes and then add it again. Could be an issue with the server when you added the device MAC & CRC.
    Thank you Richard following your instructions all is now working.

John

Automated Home Jr Member

Hi Richard
    how do i get the Hr92 to CYL some have done it others haven't
    alsoo one vlave when i press the button the display goes off an the unit resets tried new batteries any thoughts?

Automated Home Guru

Quote Originally Posted by markroseuk View Post
    Hi Richard
    how do i get the Hr92 to CYL some have done it others haven't
    alsoo one vlave when i press the button the display goes off an the unit resets tried new batteries any thoughts?
    Just remove the HR92 from the mount by sliding the lock lever at the bottom of the HR92....remove the HR92......unwind the black cog wheel fully.....replace HR92...slide lock lever

then the cycling will happen for sure

Automated Home Guru

Quote Originally Posted by paulockenden View Post
    I've just done mine, but I've been a very naughty boy and didn't follow the instructions.
    The waiting for 5 minutes was not something I did when I set the mk2 up and never had any issues. Honeywell may recommend it though so there is at least one ping between devices (4 minute window) before finishing the set-up......but it shouldn't depend on this at all....and any bugs around this I would have thought to be have been fixed long ago

Automated Home Legend paulockenden's Avatar

Quick note to Richard - the group emails after the offer really should have been BCC rather than CC. Luckily we're a friendly lot here, so perhaps not quite so important, but it's certainly good practice.

P.

Automated Home Legend paulockenden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by paulockenden View Post
    Quick note to Richard ...
    That'll teach me to be a smart arse!

I've just realised I forgot to put the mains lead in the package! It would be a pain to open it all up again, so is it OK if I send the lead separately in a jiffy bag?

What a twit!

P.

Automated Home Legend

What's up with the Optimisation Menu, sometimes in visible on the main screen under the HW icon, but sometimes it's only available via the menus.