Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Upgrade for Automated Members / Evohome - 25/3 > 28/3

I would put it on ebay . . .
    getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Quote Originally Posted by Marty View Post
    Hi Richard
    Sorry I haven't got back to you on this as I have been away.
    It is very generous of you to make this offer and I would like to take you up on it if it still stands.
    If the offer is still available do I order off the website as normal and put my post code and AH user name in the notes box or is there anything else you would like me to do?

Yours hopefully

Marty.
    Hi Marty,

Yep, my offer still stands - just buy as normal and when you return your MK2 & Gateway to us here, I will credit you the difference.

Many thanks,

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by paulockenden View Post
    That'll teach me to be a smart arse!

I've just realised I forgot to put the mains lead in the package! It would be a pain to open it all up again, so is it OK if I send the lead separately in a jiffy bag?

What a twit!

P.
    Just remember these are not coming back to us but going straight to Honeywell and if at all possible, please try to keep everything together.

Automated Home Legend paulockenden's Avatar

ta. I decided to put the mains lead in a jiffy bag, then tape it to the outside of the main parcel.

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rameses View Post
    We experienced many installations getting 'confused', and there were very or no practical situations where the system required this level of segregation. Based on research and general understanding, either people want to optimize or they do not. We are trying to encourage a holistic view. Click optimise and let the system optimise as a whole. Or don't.
    I assume most UK homes have towel radiators, I personally have 3 in my home.
    If I just want to use it as a towel radiator (and am not bothered about the temperature of the room) then I wouldn't really want optimum start or optimum stop.

Imagine when its summer - I'm going to have to set those zones to some ridiculously high temperature to get them to come on, and then when its a colder day optimum start is going to run them for a long period of time than is necessary.

It would be nice if there was the option to specify that a HR92 is being used on a towel radiator and just have an on/off for a period of time for the 'zone'.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_miranda View Post
    I was playing around with the Optimisation settings and that made the home screen option disappear. But now even though I have Optimum Start and Stop as Disabled, I have no home screen button.
    This is normal.

As far as I can see, the optimisation button on the home screen is only there as an "advertisement" for the feature, to make you aware of it and encourage you to use it. As soon as you enable it or you press the option to dismiss it, it will disappear from the home screen and never return. I'm pretty sure I've seen this documented somewhere.

As it is a system setting that you are not likely to be turning on and off all the time, why would you need it on the home screen once configured ? If you enable/disable optimisation setting you're going to have to reprogram all your schedules to allow for the change...
    Last edited by DBMandrake; 4th April 2016 at 02:17 PM.

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by The EVOHOME Shop View Post
    Hi Marty,

Yep, my offer still stands - just buy as normal and when you return your MK2 & Gateway to us here, I will credit you the difference.

Many thanks,

Richard
    Hi Richard

Please note that I don't have the Gateway unit.

I will put my order in tonight.
    Last edited by Marty; 4th April 2016 at 03:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty View Post
    Hi Richard

Please note that I don't have the Gateway unit.

I will put my order in tonight.
    Doh, course you don't lol!

I set mine up today following Richards excellent videos (loved the 'meet the family' section ) and have had no problems.

I cleared all my HR92s first and then followed the instructions to the letter - including the 5 minutes

The only room I stumbled with was the bedroom which had a DT92 as the temp sensor with an HR92. Managed it ok by doing the DT92 first then binding the HR92 but was a bit unsure about which stage to wait 5 minutes and was a bit thrown by the message (something about 2 way??) so I confirmed it virtually straight away. Think it is ok though but can always unbind delete and redo if necessary.

One thing I can confirm is that the battery low symbol on the front screen works (yay!) I had one HR92 that I hadn't changed the batteries and as soon as I had set it up, I had a message saying that the batteries were low and when I cleared the message, the symbol still showed.

Is the screen made of a different material as it appears to show up fingermarks more than the old one?

One last question - I will package everything up tonight to post tomorrow - what have people ended up doing about the batteries?

Automated Home Guru

I stuck a small piece of paper in between the 2 so they were not touching and the unit not powered up and then packaged it up to stick in the post.

Roy.