Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Upgrade for Automated Members / Evohome - 25/3 > 28/3

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by roydonaldson View Post
    I stuck a small piece of paper in between the 2 so they were not touching and the unit not powered up and then packaged it up to stick in the post.

Roy.
    Exactly what i did.

Automated Home Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Mavis View Post
    I set mine up today following Richards excellent videos (loved the 'meet the family' section ) and have had no problems.

I cleared all my HR92s first and then followed the instructions to the letter - including the 5 minutes

The only room I stumbled with was the bedroom which had a DT92 as the temp sensor with an HR92. Managed it ok by doing the DT92 first then binding the HR92 but was a bit unsure about which stage to wait 5 minutes and was a bit thrown by the message (something about 2 way??) so I confirmed it virtually straight away. Think it is ok though but can always unbind delete and redo if necessary.

One thing I can confirm is that the battery low symbol on the front screen works (yay!) I had one HR92 that I hadn't changed the batteries and as soon as I had set it up, I had a message saying that the batteries were low and when I cleared the message, the symbol still showed.

Is the screen made of a different material as it appears to show up fingermarks more than the old one?

One last question - I will package everything up tonight to post tomorrow - what have people ended up doing about the batteries?
    For the DT92, I would normally add it after creating the zone. So in other words, add the HR92 first as normal. Then go back into edit the zone, click on temperature sensor, and then add the DT92 as the sensor instead of the HR92. Maybe what you did works just as well, but you added a DT92 when it was expecting a radiator valve (when you add 2 radiator valves, it appears as 2-way just like you saw).

Quote Originally Posted by jonstatt View Post
    For the DT92, I would normally add it after creating the zone. So in other words, add the HR92 first as normal. Then go back into edit the zone, click on temperature sensor, and then add the DT92 as the sensor instead of the HR92. Maybe what you did works just as well, but you added a DT92 when it was expecting a radiator valve (when you add 2 radiator valves, it appears as 2-way just like you saw).
    As I tried to explain in the videos on page 8 (http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/vbull...ll=1#post26559), the evohome system always asks for the 'sensor' first and you always bind the 'sensor' for the zone at this point using the relevant binding instructions for that device. I am not sure why so many people find this hard to understand? Maybe it is the fact that the HR92 is both a 'sensor' and 'actuator' and the other devices are 'sensors' only.

I did try to explain in Video 5 about the DTS92 binding - https://youtu.be/JfnOsTRMVug
    Last edited by The EVOHOME Shop; 4th April 2016 at 08:52 PM.

Automated Home Guru

Quote Originally Posted by The EVOHOME Shop View Post
    As I tried to explain in the videos on page 8 (http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/vbull...ll=1#post26559), the evohome system always asks for the 'sensor' first and you always bind the 'sensor' for the zone at this point using the relevant binding instructions for that device. I am not sure why so many people find this hard to understand? Maybe it is the fact that the HR92 is both a 'sensor' and 'actuator' and the other devices are 'sensors' only.

I did try to explain in Video 5 about the DTS92 binding - https://youtu.be/JfnOsTRMVug
    Fair point...I think there is something a bit confusing in the terminology of the questions and feedback during the binding process. The way I did it (adding the temperature sensor after by editing the zone) works fine though.

Quote Originally Posted by jonstatt View Post
    Fair point...I think there is something a bit confusing in the terminology of the questions and feedback during the binding process. The way I did it (adding the temperature sensor after by editing the zone) works fine though.
    Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with your method but it is an unnecessary step when binding your devices to evohome.

Automated Home Jr Member

Hi Richard
    I placed my order last night and have already received an email to say that it has been sent.

I hope my Automated Home details came through ok in the comments section.

I paid with PayPal and when it went back to your site none of the order details were showing.
    I think I then pressed “Guest Tracking” which showed no information as it had not picked up the order number, I pressed “Back” and then the order details were shown so I hope everything went ok.

Thanks

Marty.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty View Post
    Hi Richard
    I placed my order last night and have already received an email to say that it has been sent.

I hope my Automated Home details came through ok in the comments section.

I paid with PayPal and when it went back to your site none of the order details were showing.
    I think I then pressed “Guest Tracking” which showed no information as it had not picked up the order number, I pressed “Back” and then the order details were shown so I hope everything went ok.

Thanks

Marty.
    It all went through fine our end, it will be dispatched today.

Automated Home Jr Member

How long will the refund take? i presume Honeywell will tell Richard the ones to refund. Is this paid the same way as we paid eg PayPal

Mark

Automated Home Guru

Quote Originally Posted by markroseuk View Post
    How long will the refund take? i presume Honeywell will tell Richard the ones to refund. Is this paid the same way as we paid eg PayPal

Mark
    Mine went on to my PayPal account yesterday, so pretty quick.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by markroseuk View Post

Mark
    Package sent back to Honeywell last Thursday. E-mail from Richard's team yesterday that the refund has been actioned.