• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jonstatt
    Automated Home Guru
    • Feb 2015

Originally posted by sd84 View Post
    Ordered. Thanks for making this deal available. Can anyone comment on what is newer with the WIFI version (i.e the new firmware) and also are newer features likely to become available?
    This is covered elsewhere, for example in the Firmware 2.1 thread. It explains what is new. Honeywell have refused to comment on what might be coming.

The important thing is that you gain an Ethernet port back on your router, simplify the deployment by only having one device, and get the ability for bugs to be fixed via firmware updates as well as potential improvements. I suspect there are under the hood fixes buried in the new device that we will never know about, but may just notice in certain situations (for example, perhaps they tweaked the optimisation routines).

Comment

• paulockenden
      Automated Home Legend
      • Apr 2015

It's important to note that some features have been REMOVED from the wi-fi version too. For example, the ability to pair an outdoor weather sensor, and the ability to switch off optimisation at zone level. There may be others too.

Comment

• Mavis
        Automated Home Ninja
        • Oct 2014

Originally posted by paulockenden View Post
        It's important to note that some features have been REMOVED from the wi-fi version too. For example, the ability to pair an outdoor weather sensor, and the ability to switch off optimisation at zone level. There may be others too.
        I didn't know that the optimisation at zone level had been removed. (I have my bedrooms 'opted out' of optimisation currently.) When I get my new controller, I will have to take that into account when setting it up.

Comment

• markroseuk
          Automated Home Jr Member
          • Jan 2016

I Wish there was a way of backing up the programs via the USB port ot my PC then i could download to new controller or even back up to the website
          Mark

Comment

• sd84
            Automated Home Lurker
            • Dec 2015

Originally posted by jonstatt View Post
            This is covered elsewhere, for example in the Firmware 2.1 thread. It explains what is new. Honeywell have refused to comment on what might be coming.

The important thing is that you gain an Ethernet port back on your router, simplify the deployment by only having one device, and get the ability for bugs to be fixed via firmware updates as well as potential improvements. I suspect there are under the hood fixes buried in the new device that we will never know about, but may just notice in certain situations (for example, perhaps they tweaked the optimisation routines).
            Thanks, yes I realised after posting it was probably more applicable in another thread but thanks for the quick summary

Comment

• paulockenden
              Automated Home Legend
              • Apr 2015

Richard (EvohomeShop) - just to let you know there's a typo in your standard emails.

You say "Usefull Tips". Should only be one 'L'.

Sorry - as a writer my brain is tuned into stuff like that (although it seems equally blind to them when I make typos myself!)

P.

Comment

• The EVOHOME Shop
                Site Sponsor
                • Dec 2014

Richard (EvohomeShop) - just to let you know there's a typo in your standard emails.

You say "Usefull Tips". Should only be one 'L'.

Sorry - as a writer my brain is tuned into stuff like that (although it seems equally blind to them when I make typos myself!)

P.
                My web designer is being sacked Paul!

I would just like to say a big thanks to everyone who has taken up this offer! All of your items were dispatched today (you should have had an email from our lovely Lianne to confirm with your tracking number) and I will post up a video here tomorrow morning on how to do the change over from MK2 to MK3 evohome.

One thing we forgot to do is put the returns information in the boxes! Therefore, Lianne will do a quick email in the morning to let each of you have this information 'electronically' (save the trees and all that lol).

Any questions, just let me know.

Many thanks again,

Richard

Comment

• HenGus
                  Automated Home Legend
                  • May 2014

Thanks Richard. I hope that Mrs B is still talking to you after what must have been a busy Easter weekend. I am sure that your video will be extremely helpful to those of us who paid for a professional installation.

Comment

• The EVOHOME Shop
                    Site Sponsor
                    • Dec 2014

Originally posted by HenGus View Post
                    Thanks Richard. I hope that Mrs B is still talking to you after what must have been a busy Easter weekend. I am sure that your video will be extremely helpful to those of us who paid for a professional installation.
                    Thankfully we were working together on this last night ready for today's onslaught of orders, so yes very much so on speaking terms!

If anyone has anything 'funky' with their evohome setup that you want me to cover then please ask, but I will try to cover all the basics.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                      Automated Home Legend
                      • Jul 2014

Hang on a minute. So are you saying I won't be able to use my outdoor sensor any more? I love that feature of my current evohome. It's almost become a family routine now to check how cold it is outside before we come down for breakfast. Looks like I was too trigger happy.

Comment

• rcopus
                        Automated Home Jr Member
                        • Nov 2014

I didn't know about not being able to set optimisation at a zone level anymore. That will be annoying when I get around to installing HR92's on my towel radiators later on!

Comment

• rcopus
                          Automated Home Jr Member
                          • Nov 2014

@Bruce - Why Honeywell can't pull this information from the Internet and display it on the screen any one knows! Basic 'nice to haves' like this would be nice for them to add in future releases. It would polish the product nicely.

Comment

• Mavis
                            Automated Home Ninja
                            • Oct 2014

Originally posted by The EVOHOME Shop View Post
                            Thankfully we were working together on this last night ready for today's onslaught of orders, so yes very much so on speaking terms!

If anyone has anything 'funky' with their evohome setup that you want me to cover then please ask, but I will try to cover all the basics.
                            Yes, thank you for giving your Easter Weekend up for us and thank you in advance for the video!

I have one room with a DT92 as the temp sensor (working with an HR92 as the actuator) so would be good for you to cover that please.

Comment

• jonstatt
                              Automated Home Guru
                              • Feb 2015

Originally posted by Mavis View Post
                              I didn't know that the optimisation at zone level had been removed. (I have my bedrooms 'opted out' of optimisation currently.) When I get my new controller, I will have to take that into account when setting it up.
                              I didn't know that either. What an odd thing to do because it is well known that optimisation fails with certain rooms (such as conservatories often don't work well (as the influence from sunlight makes it much more variable), or extremely small rooms like WCs under the stairs (where it tends to overshoot)). Maybe the next firmware will add it back but Honeywell should comment on why they removed this feature which seems totally unwarranted.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
                                Automated Home Legend
                                • Jul 2014

I have just cancelled my upgrade order. I know I will regret doing that in a little while. But for me the lack of the actual outdoor temperature displayed and the missing zone optimisation were deal breakers.

Comment

Working...
                                X